AT Pro/gold retro fit handle

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I designed and now produce a retro fit handle for AT pro and gold. The S shaft just worked on my arm and shoulder, I got tired of that and decided to do something about it.
I've made many for club members and then it went online. Check it out, I've sold several to others on TN and other sites and ppl are happy.

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_MAK_0326_zps3aa76974.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_MAK_0326_zps3aa76974.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 828
Last edited by a moderator:

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own 2 of these and they are the cats meow! Great quality and great service.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey these look pretty neat! What a great idea!

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Takes a lot of stress off the arm. One of the club members has shoulder issues after detecting for 40 years so I hooked him up with one and it took away the pain, most detecting he could do was couple hours and now he's hunting all day with us, not bad for 79 yrs old

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can we see a few other pics?
Also, does she lock up tight, no wobble?

Ive never used a straight shaft, but im interested after all the hype i keep hearing in regards to the AT Pro with an aftermarket shaft....

~Tejaas~

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can show my own personal and another but as far as tight it it. It slides into the mid shaft and I supply a spring ball hitch pin that slides through the holes plus your cam lock still works.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The second picture is my own personal and is the very first one made and I cant say how many hours are on it but its still in great shape. Think about this..every high end machine has a straight shaft so there has to be a reason and if you want to by an Anderson shaft that's fine but at $130 without the lower end shaft which if bought puts it near $180. You want an Anderson or mine and mine is made of thicker better material than even the Garrett original

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_MAK_0327_zpsc50372ff.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_MAK_0327_zpsc50372ff.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 562
  • WP_20140910_001.jpg
    WP_20140910_001.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 607

compañero

Greenie
Feb 15, 2015
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just received mine and installed it right away. All I can say is it is truly amazing! Everything I was wanting and the fit and feel is so good you would have thought Garrett made it. No wobble what so ever, and just seems like it is original in every way! Great great product! Thanks so much for making these! Now if this snow would just melt and the temps would get above 20, I can't wait to take it on its maiden voyage!

Seriously guys, if you are looking for the straight shaft and are on the fence for this, go for it! It will be one of the best detecting decisions you will ever make!

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just received mine and installed it right away. All I can say is it is truly amazing! Everything I was wanting and the fit and feel is so good you would have thought Garrett made it. No wobble what so ever, and just seems like it is original in every way! Great great product! Thanks so much for making these! Now if this snow would just melt and the temps would get above 20, I can't wait to take it on its maiden voyage!

Seriously guys, if you are looking for the straight shaft and are on the fence for this, go for it! It will be one of the best detecting decisions you will ever make!

Thanks for the review... Ya have me wondering if a straight shaft is the way to go!

~Tejaas~

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I designed and now produce a retro fit handle for AT pro and gold. The S shaft just worked on my arm and shoulder, I got tired of that and decided to do something about it.
I've made many for club members and then it went online. Check it out, I've sold several to others on TN and other sites and ppl are happy. Finders Keepers

That looks pretty nice. Did the price recently change? I thought I saw the price at $55 when I first looked at your link when first posted, but I could be wrong.

Thanks...

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Badger, that looks nice. Does it make the shaft any longer? I am only 5" tall and use it at its minimum length currently. I might like to give this a try if the length stays the same.
Also, has anyone used it with the 11" coil? It is more balanced with this shaft?

Thanks!

dds

Greenie
Mar 3, 2014
Retro fit handle for at pro how can I order one please let me know thank you

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Badger, that looks nice. Does it make the shaft any longer? I am only 5" tall and use it at its minimum length currently. I might like to give this a try if the length stays the same.
Also, has anyone used it with the 11" coil? It is more balanced with this shaft?

Thanks!

If your only 5 inches tall I don't think any shaft is going to help. Lol

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Great job! There sure is a lot of great talent on the forum.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope been $65 and this soon may be going to large dealers which you know they're going to up the price. Working deals out with these large companies is a pain where a pill won't reach. Easier to stay small I think.

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered one of these on your website and paid through paypal on April 20th. I have not received it. Can you please tell me what is going on with my order? Thanks.

Invoice #: 0000001144

Order Date: Mon, Apr 20, 2015 15:45:39

Last edited:

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the quick reply with tracking number via pm. Cant wait to get this in. I will post a review in a couple of months after giving this a workout. Hoping it will make a difference with my elbow.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should help. Its helped a lot if people and im actually going to start using a new grip company that will supply me with buffed foam hand grips instead of the wraps so it will be more like the grip that comes standard. I'm pursuing a relationship with a well known detecting supply company, I wont mention names, to see how well we can get these handles put out to the public or maybe stay small so the price stays small we shall see.

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
I am thinking of getting a 15'' coil for my ATPRO, will this help with that and would it be comparable to... say the stock coil or maybe the 5 x 8 for arm fatigue?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread