Garrett Pro-Pointer

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a real big deal, but my Garrett Pro-Pointer just arrived in Italy, and I'm foaming at the mouth to get a chance to use it first thing in the AM... As well, I ordered an XP Deus 11" Coil with the SW5 Headset that should arrive later on next week!!! Until then, I will continue to use my Bounty Hunter Platinum.... I'm actually only able to locate 6 outta 10 targets without the pro-pointer, but can't wait to make it 100% with it!!!! Any advice on "don'ts" with this device? Cause, I will find the don'ts out the hard way!!!

MD'erStEvO:BangHead:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
StEvO
Don`t use the pointer as a digger, or poke into the ground with the tip....if you do it will compress the coil inside and it will false.....it`s tough but not for digging.
Gary

OP
OP
MD'erStEvO

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thnx G.A.P.metal for the advice, cause' I would've used it for that, as the instructions say you can.... I'm sure with your experience you know better!!! You da' man!!!!

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would've used it for that, as the instructions say you can....

You CAN use the raised edge on the side for scraping through the dirt you've dug out of the hole (that's what it's made for), but avoid putting much more than a pound of pressure on the ProPointer.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my Pro-Pointer AT in the mail today, of course being a noob with a new detector, having 4 feet of snow on the ground and never having anything to compare it to, I can't really rate it. However; the list of things you can do with it using only one button looks very promising. Plus the waterproof feature makes it ideal for searching the miles on Lake Ontario coastline. I guess I'd say don't use it without a lanyard. This will keep it attached to your person, but even then, it will beep after 5 minutes if you accidentally leave it behind.

Last edited:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
It's a fine precision instrument with some great abilities. Treat it like your computer. don't drop it or dig holes with it. But at the same time, it can be used in freezing temperatures pending battery strength. Below is a lin k to some features on the ProPointer AT.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8CORF4dsmopibINy0fWzGA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread