HOW LONG BEFORE GARRETT??

daemon1971

Sep 23, 2012
southeast mi
Detector(s) used
pioneer 202, gamma 6000, Garrett ATPro, tesoro vaquero
I am busy on my new Metal Detectorist shoes...
One shoe is a detector...
the other a small scoop...
Go Go gadget activate.

Just trying to "iron out" the bending over part. :)

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1425385906.867508.jpg

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the idea of a detector being more compact, but this just looks like some kids toy nerf gun.

View attachment 1126736
Yes i think it is a kids detector not made for adults .. But i still like how compact it is.. minelab-go-find-20-4.jpg it does look like that Nerf gun in color only

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously.....it looks like a piece of exercise equipment you see on infomercials!:laughing9: Once it is fully extended, you put your foot on the coil, grab the grip with the counter and start doing doing resistive bicep/triceps strengthening, dorsiflexion exercises, all for 3 easy payments of.......

I am sorry, it just looks so weird, lacking any good structural integrity. I would be embarrassed to even post it on their own forum. Stay tuned for the trolls to fight back. I hope they take their indifference over to their own forum.

Even the comments on the Minelab Forum are negative! :laughing7:

View attachment 1126626

Where on the mine lab forum did you see negative comments other than the guy with 4 Garrett detectors. I just read them all and that is the only one I could find. Looks like mine lab is already shaking up the entry level at least they have our attention.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Looks like mine lab is already shaking up the entry level at least they have our attention.

You stand correct! I just looked at the flyers section in our newspaper and the midnight sale began last night. And "yes" the lineups were unusually long. rofl.gif

image.jpg

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, direct competition for that red machine that was somewhat announced. :) And it cost less than half the price.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i put it up here with the hopes that the Garrett team would see it .. And say we have to make one like that...

Yes, I'm sure it's your post that put these detectors into Garrett's view. I'm sure they have NO idea what any other company has released. :laughing7:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Yes, I'm sure it's your post that put these detectors into Garrett's view. I'm sure they have NO idea what any other company has released. :laughing7:

Well, did you know that this was recently released too? I bet not :dontknow:

record player.jpg

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett seems to put more into great hunting experiences and results over gimmicks. Too many moving parts on a detector is sure to hamper it's longevity.

The pocket fisherman was a gimmick and it died out after thousands bought and had a hell of a time landing a fish. But it was nice and easy to carry around.

Just my thoughts.

pocket-fisherman.gif

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett seems to put more into great hunting experiences and results over gimmicks. Too many moving parts on a detector is sure to hamper it's longevity.

The pocket fisherman was a gimmick and it died out after thousands bought and had a hell of a time landing a fish. But it was nice and easy to carry around.

Just my thoughts.

View attachment 1126780

So the atx is just a gimmic? I have a feeling if Garrett were to make a similar product it would like the second coming of christ.

Peachy

Feb 16, 2015
High Lonesome
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who Knows? Remember when front wheel drive came on the scene? It'll never fly!

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I heard thru the grape vine ,Minelab is trying to compete with Garrett and Fisher-Tek. and has 3 new ones coming out. Will wait and see what happends they may be good detectors and MAYBE have some faster retune speed and see thru for chains.

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Anyone heard anything out of Tesoro? They need to get a hot one out before spring comes!!!!! rwdmo

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the atx is just a gimmic? I have a feeling if Garrett were to make a similar product it would like the second coming of christ.

Hmm.......I'm not one to compare Garrett to Christ. Nor the metrics of the ATX with a $350 MSRP Minelab. But if they're making a profit, and the dealer makes a profit, simple common sense would dictate your not going to get a folding XTerra. If it comes out and the reviews say it gets 12" depth, super fast recovery, and finds rings easier, then maybe Minelab needs to rethink their higher end products.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That is right if Garrett put one out Garrett ones and others would be praising it But you see i use Garrett and Minelab and like both but i do not like the ATP's though .. I will say though if the detector is not your brand you guys sure know how to put them down …… But i would bet Minelab sells a lot i mean a lot of them..But then Minelab ones put down other makers … But what ever they are all doing good have a lot of sales ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes Jason .. I could not figure that out i was just saying

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Look out....here come the Minelab Trolls. First they post a pic of Minelabs latest creation on a Garrett forum, then get angry because it appears to be a flop (pun intended). Seen this before....expect the same results! What did you guys think....Garrett users will line up to get the new kids toy? Seriously, look at what you are trying to promote:

Single freq detector at 7.8kHz.
Same basic VLF platform as X-Terra 305.
No new detection technology.
Not waterproof.
No interchangeable coils.
No wireless headphones.
Communicates with smartphone.

Just a repackaged machine. Who cares! Take your wares somewhere else where people actually want to look at it.

argue-with-idiots.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread