Is This Legal??

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we being responsible members of a this forum and as detecting enthusiasts need to take a few minutes out of our day and let sites like Amazon know that we know the difference and that they're taking a chance of losing customers if they don't do something about sellers such as these. All we are asking is for them to enforce their own rules. It will only benefit us and our fellow brothers and sisters in the detecting community. Now give a moment for me to get off my soapbox. Thank you for your support

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cracked copies are counterfiet copies... not made by Garrett...when I toured Garrett last year Sue told me that counterfiets of all of their products are a huge problem for them :(

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someone should ask if he'll accept a Xerox copy of a $100 and a $10 bill in payment.

Looks like the ad is gone. Guess Amazon listens. :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thing is now they know to leave out the word "COPY"
and it will be harder for the general public to know they are buying counterfeits

OP
OP
Chad1972

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never heard anything from Garrett about it. Maybe they already knew about it...or figured it was just 1 seller out of hundreds out there. Glad it's not there anymore though

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never heard anything from Garrett about it. Maybe they already knew about it...or figured it was just 1 seller out of hundreds out there. Glad it's not there anymore though

I'd guess the reason it was pulled was at Garrett's insistence.
nothing personal, But seriously are they going to take the word of a
regular Internet surfer ?
I'm not sure I would if I were Amazon.

Does amazon accept Payment for ads ?

If they get some type of kickbacks , my guess they try to look the other way
unless Legally threatened

Last edited:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I sent a pretty strong email to them and stated if they did nothing about it I would contact Garrett and let them handle it while I let others in our community know that they don't enforce their own rules and considering we buy a lot from them it may be in their best interest to do something quick.

OP
OP
Chad1972

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And in the meantime, I had already sent the link to Garrett Sales Dept. Lol we gottem from two directions!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you did that Chad that was my next step. I personally cant stand it when American craftsmanship is hijacked by the Chinese and others and crap floods the market. We honestly need to cut back 75% of the Chinese products sold here and give those jobs of making stuff to our own ppl, so what if it costs more its made better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread