Feb 15, 2015
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought about these, for the same reasons. But I went with Plasti Dip. Worked like a charm! Waterproof and doesn't affect anything! 13 bucks for a can of it. And bonus, it is removable.

OP
OP
vilechild

vilechild

Jan 20, 2015
Upstate, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I thought about that to but but I'm not to keen about the silicone over the light and speaker. Plus the covers have a lanyard attachment I think they were only 13 bucks with shipping last time I looked.

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea I thought about that to but but I'm not to keen about the silicone over the light and speaker. Plus the covers have a lanyard attachment I think they were only 13 bucks with shipping last time I looked.

You have a link to these things?

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought 2 of these for my Pro Pointers, haven't been out yet, because of the snow. I think they will be awesome. Covers the weak link on these......... the switch and speaker slots! I'm excited to use them

compañero

Greenie
Feb 15, 2015
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I didn't put it over the light. I dipped up to the light, and put a clear epoxy over the light so it still shines. As for the speaker, you can't still hear it very well! Totally up to you but I know this worked really well for me.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't put it over the light. I dipped up to the light, and put a clear epoxy over the light so it still shines. As for the speaker, you can't still hear it very well! Totally up to you but I know this worked really well for me.

Can you post of photo of it? I'm interested to see how it turned out.

compañero

Greenie
Feb 15, 2015
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20150304_125344.jpg 20150304_125407.jpg 20150304_125444.jpg 20150304_125423.jpg

After I dipped it and it dried, I used an exacto knife to slice around the end cap for battery removal. Wasn't afraid of that because of the O-Ring on the cap and it really seals in there. The epoxy is hard to see in the pictures but thats a good thing, can't tell its there and the light works as if there wasn't anything there. I also did a thin dip on the nose of the pointer, plus epoxy of the end for added protection. Hasn't affect sensitivity at all and works just the same, just waterproof! I used Gorilla Glue Epoxy by the way, as it is water resistant and has incredible strength. Used it to attach strong rare earth magnets to my water digger.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used one on one of my pinpointers until I got the Makro PP. It works good to keep scratches off. It isn't completely sealed from the water. I placed a little piece of rubber on the inside of the cover before I put the Propointer in and then put silicone on the end of it to seal it. I did the same on the top part. It also gets a little slick when you get the PP muddy and wet. I would still do it all over again if I bought another propointer.

20150304_134241_resized.jpg ........................................................... 20150304_134255_resized.jpg

compañero

Greenie
Feb 15, 2015
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh for sure! Gonna have to get one! Or maybe I can make one (I like the DIY stuff)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions