Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he was helping someone clean out a house and came across this - they told him he could keep it
it still works - guys were using these when I was using my early Compass machine as a kid in the 70s
DSC00004.JPG

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find for your son. Good old American made quality!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have never own anything garrett but for something free I would be happy to give it a swing . I bet that unit could tell a story or two . Neat . vanzutphen

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started I would read the treasure magazines and dream of a machine like that. This is what I started with "back in the day". Loved every minute of it also.

JimK

Attachments

• bh2.JPG
    bh2.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 471
  • bh1.JPG
    bh1.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 455

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
That is in really good shape! A liitle washing/dusting and it will look nearly new. Some of those old analog metal detectors had some serious depth compared to todays machines.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!

I started with this one:

RADIOSHACKMETALDETECTOR2.jpg

Then I moved up to this one:
GH.jpg

Which I still have after about 40 years AND it still works! :)

Memories......whoa oh whoa oh .....memories! :)

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing how far we've come with all the bells, lights and whistles we have now. I know some if the old machines you thought you were really doing something if you detected 4" down and now we have some that go few feet. I'd love to find one of the old machines just as a cool wall hanger

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amazing how far we've come with all the bells, lights and whistles we have now. I know some if the old machines you thought you were really doing something if you detected 4" down and now we have some that go few feet. I'd love to find one of the old machines just as a cool wall hanger
........Some of the older Garrett's especially the Deepseeker's and Groundhog's did a lot better than 4 inches....really the depth depends on the mineralization of the soil that you hunt in. My soil is Neutral so I have been able to do well with most models even with the Original Garrett Hunter! Since I am mainly a re Relic Hunter I have n Never cared for Bells and Whistles.....just make it simple.....simple to operate and good depth.

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
he was helping someone clean out a house and came across this - they told him he could keep it
it still works - guys were using these when I was using my early Compass machine as a kid in the 70s
View attachment 1127073
............Casper.....you have a very early model Garrett TR/Discriminator.....this is Pre-VLF....so probably made in the mid 70's.... I think that it operates at 50KHZ which makes it very good at detecting tot lots.

Mudball

Mar 5, 2015
TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a cool old looking detector.
From the picture it looks like its in really great condition.
Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread