creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your soil is not highly mineralized most coins do have the same tones at 6"-8" as they do at 2". The volume level is the only thing that changes.
Buttons do not though,in my experience deep buttons CW & pre CW have a broken tone "like a bottle cap" until you pop the plug and run your coil over the hole will you get a clean high tone.
I dug an officer's Infantry button at 8" it sounded just like a shotgun hull until i popped the plug.
I've found buttons that have a broken tone if you hit the side with shank

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks. Got to work today but will be back it tomorrow...d2

KUCH78

Mar 14, 2012
western illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
your post is very interesting and encouraging, have not dug below 60's . I like it so far but have only dug pennies, dimes and quarters . guess change what I am doing. kuch78.

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your post is very interesting and encouraging, have not dug below 60's . I like it so far but have only dug pennies, dimes and quarters . guess change what I am doing. kuch78.

There is some good stuff in the 50's , most gold rings are and all nickels. if you get a good repeating 50 number, i suggest to dig it.

Montgomeryjr

Apr 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a long time since I been back on this site. I have moved to Lexington KY, but since moving there my Minelab got stolen out of my garage. So with me about to retire from the Army, and me and wife about to move to the beach. I sat down and ordered one today. I must say there is a level of excitement that I have not felt in a while. Thanks for the numbers above. I had gotten to a point with my ML that I could distinguish targets with sound. I rarely ever looked at the screen. I have read some good reviews about this metal detector and I hope that it lives up to my expectations. It's going to be good to get back in the game.

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Montgomeryjr, thank you for your service and I think you will like the AT-PRO. Taking some getting used to by me because some places it starts barking like a cat squirrel and I aint used to that but I do like it...d2

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Find clean ground an test it with various targets to see where they show up. Not all detectors show the same numbers but they're close. Learn in Pro mode. Good luck.

Agreed! Pro zero descrim on 31.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread