AT pro / AT Gold search coils

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Yes they are. Here are the ones available through Garrett. There are also some after market coils available to.

Garrett AT Pro International Searchcoils

Below is a link which discusses search coils.

Garrett's Searchcoil Tech Sheet | How Searchcoils Work

SMILY20250.jpg

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The nel coils are not interchangeable because of freq diff but the at pro and gold coils can be.

OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So since the nell coils have less range of frequency then garrett does that make them better? Contemplating a nell but not sure if I should go with a hunter or an attack

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I wanted to get a bigger coil for my AT Gold , I decided to go with the NEL Hunter instead of the one that Garret sells. Because the one that Garrett sells is the stock coil for the AT Pro. The NEL coils are for each specific machine, they say to not mix them up. I am happy with it, but I don't have the AT Pro's coils to compare. But to me it makes sense that the NEL would be a better match.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the nel tornado for the gold I got coil for Christmas so haven't got to detect much due to weather but when I have it covers way more ground and hits all targets in test garden with proper VDI

OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have considered the 12" Garrett but they look pretty heavy over comparable brands

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been using the Nel Storm of the Pro for 2 years, love. I found a couple of Half dimes down to 8". They are really sensitive and deep. Best advantage is the area they cover, if the item is anywhere under the coil it will give a signal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread