AT PRO and rechargeable batteries.

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using the Energizer rechargeables in my AT Pro for over 3 years now with great results. Once charged, they seem to last as long as regular alkaline batteries. Plus you're not spending money every time you need to change the batteries out. I recommend them.

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use energizer and duracell,AA's for the AT Pro and 9v for pinpointer,i don't notice a difference between the two. I've been using them for over 4yrs,I get around 14hrs-16hrs out of the old ones and over 20 out of the new ones.I number my batteries so i don't mix the old with new.
I also use a military battery keeper for my spare batteries,it holds 4 AA's on one side and 6 AAA's on the other side "for my headlamp".I flip the dead batteries upside down to keep them organized in the field.
The battery keeper is around $7 on ebay.hope this helps

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Getting two sets of rechargeables for your AT is a great investment. No need to spend a lot: I use Amazon Basics AAs and they work great.

OP
OP
boss driver

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the discussion. I'll pick up a set this weekend.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey boss driver,
They work, just remember they are usually a bit less, 1.2 v compared to 1.5 on alkaline. So if weird things start to happen look to the batteries.
Good luck!

OP
OP
boss driver

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will do. Looking to try and find a 1.5v set. Picked up a set of Energizers for now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions