Atpro and Noob strikes Silver

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a good day out today, tried hunting around a Camper site. There was a lot of junk and pretty trashy but was still pulling clad. Got a good signal but weaker then normal in the high 70's. I was in coin mode which I don't normally do but I was happy getting clad at that point without all the trash tones, I was 2 bars down on sensitivity, 35 discrim and iron Audio off. I cut the plug and dug, depth said 8 inch and at about 7 1/2 inches I got this nice (nice to me, my first Silver ever:laughing7:) Silver Rosie Dime dated 1953.......after this it did not matter what I found, I was happy.Some Pics, still trying to getting pic size and contrast right.

DSCN0169.JPG DSCN0170.JPG

The days take was $3.57

DSCN0163.JPG

I know people have found more and better but to me this was great, aside from finding Wheaties, I love Wheaties ( got a 1919 and a 1945D yesterday)

Anyway I thought I would share my first Silver with you all.

Oh and the junk it took to get it

DSCN0177.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the silver find!

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll always remember your first silver. They are hard to come by but that is what makes this hobby so fun! :cool:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on breaking into the silver. I'll never forget my first and then I was hooked. I don't know if you have found any gold items yet but that is a great hunt also. Congrats again and hope you find many more.

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the silver coin. I can see how that would make your day.

OP
OP
swagman

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you all for the kind comments, I went out today again but all I found was one Wheatie (1944D) and clad but that's OK.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wheaties get me going!:laughing7: I know I'm in the right location for older coins then!:thumbsup:

frostdigger

Jan 1, 2013
Col. Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT gold, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver. Camp grounds can be productive but generally super trashy around my area. I enjoy them in the early spring and late fall when they are usually empty.

OP
OP
swagman

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Update! Went back to the camping site and got 3 Wheaties 1945D, 1956, and a 1935D (maybe 1955D Hard to read the 3) Plus another Silver Dime!!!! 1962 , still getting used to the 5 x 8 coil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread