Any Garrett GTI 2500 users?

wayfas4u

Mar 29, 2010
Lee county georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett 2500 GTI, Garrett AT Pro & AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Garrett GTI 2500 users? I love mine, have used it for years, kinda spoiled to it. I have a Garrett AT Pro which I've used very little, still trying to learn it and just spoiled to my 2500! If anybody is interested, I have a 12" search coil for Garrett GTI 2500 or 1500 for sale on ebay. Item number
. Barely used it, too heavy for me. Excellent for deep targets but I'm a small frame guy, so swinging it for a long time wears me out. I prefer the smaller coil. Good luck bidding!

gabbyhayes

Feb 9, 2014
Sask.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 AT PRO GTI 2500
V3i SURF PI PRO
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any Garrett GTI 2500 users? I love mine, have used it for years, kinda spoiled to it. I have a Garrett AT Pro which I've used very little, still trying to learn it and just spoiled to my 2500! If anybody is interested, I have a 12" search coil for Garrett GTI 2500 or 1500 for sale on ebay. Item number
. Barely used it, too heavy for me. Excellent for deep targets but I'm a small frame guy, so swinging it for a long time wears me out. I prefer the smaller coil. Good luck bidding!

Yup the GTI2500 is one of my detectors. I have 4 coils for it. I usually use it exclusively in all metal mode when I'm looking for very deep targets.
I believe it is a better detector than most give it credit for. It is heavy though so not my first choice because of its weight.

I DIG

Mar 17, 2015
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the Garrett GTI 2500 to I like it very much. Do you guys take the battery pack off and put it on your belt.
I got a swingthing strap form Kellyco when I use the bigger coil.
I got 4 coils the two that came with it a 4'' and a small DD.

gabbyhayes, do you find more silver in all metal mode, I just stated to use that setting I've been useing the coin setting.

gabbyhayes

Feb 9, 2014
Sask.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 AT PRO GTI 2500
V3i SURF PI PRO
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the Garrett GTI 2500 to I like it very much. Do you guys take the battery pack off and put it on your belt.
I got a swingthing strap form Kellyco when I use the bigger coil.
I got 4 coils the two that came with it a 4'' and a small DD.

gabbyhayes, do you find more silver in all metal mode, I just stated to use that setting I've been useing the coin setting.

I tend to use the all metal mode....different than zero discrimination, to go over a beach that I have previously searched using discrimination.
If you listen carefully you will be digging some very small deep targets.
In canada if you are looking for clad you must hunt in zero mode because our modern coins are 94% steel, hence you must dig iron.
The 2500 is an awesome detector and hits hard on both gold and silver. If using one of the discrimination settings I like the belltone for silver or other high conductivity targets. Some people don't like the tone but I certainly do....user preference.
You will find silver just fine using the coin mode but if you want to find deeper targets the all metal mode is the way to go.
I don't like digging half way to china so I usually only use that mode on the sand beaches where digging is easier.
Good Luck

I DIG

Mar 17, 2015
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm digging deeper now, this summer the ground will be harder, we got alot of clay here.

Capt Nat

Nov 11, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
GTI 2500
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine detects deeper than I want to dig...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions