ATP hits first silver of the year,and NOT where I thought it would!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ATP hit's first silver of the year,and NOT where I thought it would!

I took the ATP out for a spin in my back yard,after a rain today. I had the 5 X 8 coil on it,and soon got a real strong signal. About 8 inches down I found the coin,and thought it was a silver rosie,until I rubbed some of the dirt away!:icon_scratch: It turned out to be a Australian 3 Pence piece! :) How it got in my backyard,I will never know?:icon_scratch: It's a 1942 also. 004 (2).JPG

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most probably brought back by a soldier and given to a youngster as a cool quick gift. Most probably lost a few hours later.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic!... how many times had you hunted your lawn in the past? This hobby keeps you on your toes huh?!

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic!... how many times had you hunted your lawn in the past? This hobby keeps you on your toes huh?!
BWD,I can't even count the times I've been over that section of the back yard!:laughing7: A week ago I hit a gold wedding band at 14 inches with my other detector. Both times have been after a rain,so I think targets show up in the damp soil better,I dunno?:dontknow:

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, damp soil tends to make targets more "visible" to detectors. That's a great find - I've never seen one before!

Me either? I think that's what makes coin shooting/detecting,so much fun! You never know what you will find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread