Garrett Master Hunter Deep seeker VLF/TR can I lower the speaker volume?

Bluebird

Greenie
Sep 30, 2012
Berks PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SS2 --&-- Garrett Master Hunter Deep Seeker VLF/TR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MetalD.jpg I just got my 62lb Garrett Master Hunter Deep seeker VLF/TR. Put the 6 batts in it, turned it on and pressed the thumb toggle and :censored:!!! Perhaps you heard it where you live? If so, sorry. Jeez, this was the loudest tone noise I heard in a long time.
There isn't a volume dial and I searched the site to see if anyone spoke about it. I was going to call Garrett to see if there's something they can do but wanted to see if ya'all can tell me more about this issue? I can use headphones but I'd rather not. Probably shouldn't switch out the speaker. Is there a way to lower the sound coming out of this thing? I'm going to assume there isn't and I really want to use it. I bought this right before Garrett died and I received it after he died. Thanks in advance for any insight.

P.S. :angel7: RIP Mr Garrett, I know your reading this and laughing and that's OK

Last edited:

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tape on the speaker would work . Wear gloves, That toggle gives mean blisters. Had one of those for years

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there is a adjustment inside but it it isn't for us to adjust. Call Garrett.

OP
OP
Bluebird

Bluebird

Greenie
Sep 30, 2012
Berks PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SS2 --&-- Garrett Master Hunter Deep Seeker VLF/TR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SOLVED Reply from the Garrett tech "The only thing about the Audio from the speaker would be to cover it with tape to muffle the sound. There is no volume control and a smaller speaker would not necessarily help."

I also had a question about 2 of the pots/dials on it

"The pot that has no stops is for ground elimination and is a 10-turn pot and it has no stops. Count 10 turns in one direction then count out 5 then in VLF make your ground adjustments from the directions from the manual. The trash elimination pot has the knob in the wrong place. Turn the pot full counterclockwise then rest the knob so the pointer is at zero. On that model instead of a flat blade screwdriver it may need an Allen wrench. "

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread