Last edited:

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got the nel-attack coil i only used it about 30min before i had to leave.
I did find a bullet at 12" with a large square nail in the same hole.its gonna rain this weekend but If i get out Im definitely gonna use it.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NEL makes great coils... I have the NEL 5.5x9.5" and the 15" attack coil on an ATP... I think they are better then the factory coils in my opinion...

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've not used them directly, but my customers report great success with them on an AT Pro.

One went end back to a "hunted out" Civil War encampment and dug an additional 26 bullets his first time there using a Tornado on his AT Pro.

All of the versions have been quite popular, the general consensus has been this. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a big fan of NEL coils, I have used the Sharpshooter coil (9.5 x 5.5") on the ATP with good success. (Very nice separation) I have had the NEL coils on other detectors as well, and each time they have proven to be worth the cost and effort to get.
My favorite NEL coil is the Hunter coil (12.5 x 8.5") I have this coil for my old Bounty Hunter units and my Fisher units. I still need to order one for my ATP. Good luck!!

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the NEL Hunter coil (12.5 x 8.5) on my AT Gold. The AT Gold comes with a 5x9. I decided to get the NEL over the similar sized Garrett coil (the one that is stock on the AT Pro) because NEL makes the coil for the specific machine, they have a Hunter coil for the pro and a different hunter coil for the Gold and that leads me to believe that it is a better fit for my AT Gold than if I were to buy a coil made for the AT Pro.. I really like the coil , it's big but not huge, works very well.

OP
OP
vilechild

vilechild

Jan 20, 2015
Upstate, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the input. I just don't want to spend the money if there was no gain from it.

pkirill

Jul 22, 2013
Richmond, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, MI6 pinpointer, Lesche 40" ground shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the input. I just don't want to spend the money if there was no gain from it.

Check out the Hoover Boys on YouTube. Kurt- the main guy- uses the Nel Attack almost exclusively.

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the NEL 15x17 Big. Little nose heavy but I use a harness. Did a few videos with it. Take a look.

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking for a side by side comparison of the Garrett 5x8 and the Nel Sharpshooter. Like depth tests, target id'ing, etc. I'm going to buy one of them soon but don't know which one.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the NEL 15x17 Big. Little nose heavy but I use a harness. Did a few videos with it. Take a look.

Todd - good vid!!

what depth difference did you get with that huge coil?

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the tornado for the gold and it gets deep and runs real stable if I get in real trashy site I put stock 5x8 back on. Never had one for pro but I'm sure it would be about the same.

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todd - good vid!!

what depth difference did you get with that huge coil?

More than an air test for sure. Was not impressed on the air tests I did so out to the field I went.
The fields I show in the vids have been hit hard by me with the 5x8 and the 8.5x11 Garrett coils. So everything I am getting now was missed either by depth or just walked over.
What I can tell you is that I am in the range of 8 to 13 inches on these finds. I'm sure that is outside the threshold of the stock coils.
From my recent finds I would say this coil was worth every penny.
Going back out this week again and really slowing down. I hopefully will get a colonial copper with a date this time.

Thanks for the comment on the vid. I have been slowly honing my videos.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread