ATPRO is on a Silver diet

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
I knocked off work at noon today as I always do every Friday (10hr work days) and I drove 3 blocks from my house and saw an old house so I thought I would knock on the door and get permission to do some detecting. Nice old guy answered and said help yourself but it has been done already about 2 years ago, the guy did the whole block.

I said I would give it a go anyway and went and got my gear. First signal was a Nickel, there were not many high tones but what there were was vary varied in items. Got a 83 at 5 inches and dug it, what popped out at 4 1/2 inches surprised me, a very worn 1903 Canadian 10 cents King Edward V11 92% Silver.

A couple of wheaties later (1951, 1944D) I got a token, I was not a big fan of tokens at the beginning of my detecting hobby but they are growing on me. This one was unique with the hole in the middle and after some research it is Circa 1930.

Then my second silver showed up at a 80 on the VDI about 4 1/2 inches down again, a nice old ring with what looks like mother of pearl, it has only Sterling marked on it. My next good score was another token, this one was more local to my township, a trade token good for 5 cent at the bar. Erwin Edward Dossow was born about 1885 in South Dakota, and he appears to have farmed there until at least 1920. He appears to have died in Montana in 1947. Attributed to Norfolk in George Hosek's 1998 "Nebraska Maverick Trade Tokens", the address does fit. But Dossow's stay in Norfolk seems to have been brief.

At this point onwards I was only finding clad and I started digging more deeper mid tones, that's when I found a very heavy block (I think it is Brass) it has letters on it but they are all backwards almost like it is a stamp of some kind (Still researching this)

Last good find of the day was another 80 tone producing another very nice ring at 4 inches, I like this one because it is nice and solid with a neat stone inlay-ed showing some type of tree. I think I have seen stones like this where they produce shapes within the stone but can not remember where. This ring is also marked only with Sterling.

Last find of the day was a little thimble which I thought was pretty cool, to show the size that's my pinky finger next to it. there is no markings on it.

So I did not find a lot but what I did find I Liked so it was a good hunt, going back there with a bigger coil.

Here's the pic's and thanks for looking and HH all.

DSCN0233.JPG DSCN0234.JPG DSCN0235.JPG DSCN0236.JPG DSCN0237.JPG DSCN0238.JPG DSCN0239.JPG DSCN0240.JPG DSCN0241.JPG DSCN0242.JPG DSCN0244.JPG DSCN0245.JPG DSCN0246.JPG DSCN0247.JPG DSCN0248.JPG

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that's a good collection of various relics. Hope you can find more at that location.

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You think that thimble might be from a Monopoly game?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread