Sheilding scoop from Sea Hunter

Beach Digg'in

Apr 26, 2015
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sea Hunter and I hit the beach this weekend, for the first time. A definite learning curve from my VLF to swinging a PI machine and learning the changes in tone. Working the beach, I kept hearing a tone increase on my right side swing. Turns out the metal Garret Hand scoop I carry, on the right side, is creating interference. Holding the scoop behind my back lessened the effect, but is awkward. Any ideas of how to minimize the interference?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
If you use a long handled scoop, you avoid this problem entirely my either tagging the scoop behind you or balancing/carrying it on your shoulder.

OP
OP
B

Beach Digg'in

Apr 26, 2015
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Have to pull the trigger on a long-handled scoop eventually.

Thanks

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When using the Garrett Infinium L/S on the beach, I either drag it behind me (marks my path) or balance it on my shoulder. The scoop used is the Kellyco Beach Brute Pro 2-Part Professional Long Handled Sand Scoop, has a very large collection volume and is very rugged.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread