Unbeable depth with AT Gold and stock coil

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I commented on another post he has about the at gold in salt water and how well it worked. I don't live near salt water but I assume he isn't getting results he said he was.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I commented on another post he has about the at gold in salt water and how well it worked. I don't live near salt water but I assume he isn't getting results he said he was.

Considering that he is now soliciting advice for the purchase of an LRL, I doubt he ever owned an AT-Gold.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am only about 1 yr in to metal detecting and use an AT Gold at the parks and a modified excal at the beach. The AT works very well. I don't try to get all tied up with facts and figures but I can honestly say that where I live (60's to low 80's and relatively dry... San Diego), the numbers and tones of my AT GOLD vary. In nice, healthy grass with moist dark dirt that digs easily, I can get clad at 10". I keep it in discrim 1 set at 44 and pull EVERY solid tone. I know that a solid 55 will 95% of the time be a pull tab but I still pull them knowing that I'll be back and don't want to hit it again. Also it could NOT be a tab. High 60's to high 70's are pennies but I still pull them. It could be high gold or a valuable penny. 80's are usually dimes and anything above an 84 is a quarter.
With that said I've pulled 14k gold rings at 49 which is a nickle as well. I've pulled 18k rings at 60 which is usually a tab or aluminum crap.
You don't need a 1500 dollar machine to pull stuff 6" down or even 10". My AT GOLD does very well and keeps me VERY busy at the park. If you want to think your smart and discrim pennies and "obvious" clad only looking for jewelry you're doing yourself a disservice. If you want to get into a cockfight about 1 or 2 inches of depth go ahead.
People tend to preach about what they run to look cooler or smarter. I'm not bragging, I only know what mine does. The tones aren't pleasant and I tell my friends it's like listen to an angry German screaming. Harsh and to the point. It squawks and screams, that's for sure.

As for the beach and salt water, the AT GOLD sucks hard! I can swing in the sand but the little coil is annoying. I could step to a bigger coil but the ground balance isn't worth the effort. Anywhere near the wet sand and it will go hay-wire. That's why I have an Excalibur.....
I've taken it to the desert on my gold prospecting, dry washing trips, but to date I haven't found any nuggies w/it.

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey mods...why do I see this guy isnt banned?I just dont get it

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey mods...why do I see this guy isnt banned?I just dont get it
I have a question for you, why didn't you report it instead of attacking member?

We don't ban members with out proof presented to mods, with no post report with pictures posted there is no way to do any investigation now..... If it was reported per our rules instead of attacking we would have copies of pictures even after they are deleted and there would be no rules broken by attacking members in forum.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rexy is Banned for Life !

For "Lying"

However in the Future Report these problems to Us
To avoid being banned for attacking Members !

Liars or Not !!!!

http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=authenticity

By not reporting issues members compound the problem when they attack members instead of helping correct the problem.....

It is mods jobs to handle issues like this, by reporting, members create a hard copy record for the mods, by attacking and not reporting it allows time for evidence to be destroyed and set members up to be banned for breaking TN rules...

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
point taken mods,I should have reported it sooner

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The deepest dime I found that gave a correct ID with any of the Ace 250s I owned was 4". The deepest dime I've found so far with the AT Pro that IDed correctly was 7" deep. A clad dime in a 1974 park that is very heavily detected. 7" in moderate mineralization. Soil was hard and very dry, so no help from moisture. In that same park I got a 6" deep dime with a White's (MXT I think) but soil was moist.

I'd say 7" in very dry soil vs 4" with Ace 250 is a major improvement. My suburb is pretty new but the AT Pro sounded off loud on a quarter planted 10.5" on a video I watched. Best wishes, George (MN)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread