silicone for At pro.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silicone grease can be had from most hardware stores, Lowes, Home Depot. Dive shops carry it too but it's $$$.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Permatex Dielectric Grease
Find it here:
Amazon.com: Permatex 81150 Dielectric Grease. .33 oz.: Automotive

A1Gvv+EoLOL._SL1500_.jpg

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You are welcome mlm!
More, you don't need a particular "Brand". There is some question whether to use Dielectric Silicone Grease or just regular Silicon grease.
Really, I'm not sure if there is a difference.
You need very little of the silicone grease and I wouldn't put it on areas that will be exposed to dirt and sand.
Best of Luck!

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to my local dive shop, got a small green tub of silicone for $3.99... I used a very little bit, enough to put a sheen on the connections. Anywhere there is a connection with an O-ring, The battery housing, coil and headphones...Now that I think of it, I also applied some to the rubber grommets down at the connection from the shaft to the coil.. will find out sooner or later if I shouldn't have gone that far...oh and by the way, I got the Grey Ghost amphibians... the sound isn't all that different than the stock headphones. Got my scoop, ready to go.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looked up "silicone dive grease" on Amazon and purchased about a 1/2" little jar of it and it has lasted me for years with little used out of it. I use it every few months on my detector O-rings and I lubed up an AT Pro for someone. I think it was under $5.00 at the time.

OP
OP
moon light md

moon light md

May 3, 2015
Moses Lake Washington
Detector(s) used
AT pro, 350, 250, fisher f2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ty everyone I got some at home depot and I'm ready for the weekend. Happy hunting all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread