3 Indians and a Lincoln

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put the NEL tornado on the at gold and hit a trashy field to see how it would do and wow 3 Indians and a wheat. Only dates I can make out are 1887 and 1874 on two of the Indians so soaking in olive oil. I had the 5x8 out in field earlier in week but it was disked the other day so I gave the NEL a try. Not to bad in a iron infested site. Will post better pictures after a good soak. Hope I can get other dates. One of the Indians is a lot thinner and can read back and see front but to crusty for date rite now. Impressed with the NEL so far. The NEL ground balanced around 18 and early in week 5x8 balanced around high 60s so kind of puzzled about that. Good luck everyone. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431738274.379903.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention the 3 Indians make 19 Indian head cents out of this field in last 3 years. Might have to try NEL in my large and half cent field tomorrow.

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
Good find on the IH's, what depth were they with the Nell? Thinking of getting the Attack coil.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not real deep maybe 4" but it was in a real iron infested site. Just wanted to try the coil to see how it would do I usually have the 5x8 on. Was very impressed.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431790770.176167.jpg cleaned up a bit don't think I'm going to get date on the thin one. In that shape I doubt it matters what year it is anyway.

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen the test with the nells on shallow targets and how it has trouble picking them up. They really shine on deeper stuff with better tones and separation, my take on that is the search field is bigger and deeper, so I was thinking that lifting the coil up on iffy shallow targets may get a better signal.....something I would have to try when I get my Attack coil (Hopefully ordering it this Tuesday)

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was busy today and it rained all day can't wait to try the coil out in another field I have found a few large and half cents. I will hit this site again to see what else might be there. The 5x8 does a great job but maybe all that rust makes the smaller coil go nuts and the bigger coil isn't as sensitive to the small rust. That's my opinion not sure how else to explain the results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions