Atsugi, Japan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know much about the ace 250 or 350 .
That said I would use the Bigger Coil ( to cover more ground).
If I am Correct Titanium Will Sound off With Copper ,Brass, Clad & Silver.
&
I lost in the past few weeks (If the field Don't see tons of use ) I'd discriminate out everything below Nickel -Or Higher then Grid the field Focusing on all the Good tones all while not digging more than just beneath any cover that might have got put down since the ring was lost.

IMO If you Grid From at least 2 Directions & take your time (remember no deep digging) unless your OCD like me, LOL
& The ring was actually lost in the field & not already found by someone You would have a 80% or more chance of finding the ring on a Soccer sized Field.

GOOD LUCK
Davers

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Think titanium will read like between nickel and foil usually towards the foil end. But the silver plate may raise it quite a bit if the plate is very thick, guessing about how jewelry will read is a big gamble the only way to know for sure is to find an identical item and scan it.

P.S. Just because the plating looks "Silverish" doesn't mean it is. There are a number of materials that can be plated that looks shiny like silver, this makes the guess even more of a gamble most likely.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread