One coin made the weekend great.

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got back from a 3 day camping trip with the hopes of some great finds in a old park and camp ground. Well all did not go well, found very little in both sites as they were very heavily renovated and pounded by earlier detectors in years gone by. Ended up in my wife's mothers place, nothing to be found except for 2 wheat pennies (4 found all weekend and all 1944) and I was ready to pack it in when I got a high tone.

At the same time the wife rang to see when I needed to be picked up to go back to the camp grounds, I told her I just got a good signal and it is either a big hunk of steel or something good, (more likely junk) so you may as well come and get me. I hung up and proceeded to dig my plug and 4 inches down sitting in the dirt was the biggest damn silver coin I have ever seen (Big to me)

I carefully removed and could not believe my eyes, it was a 1938 Walking Liberty Half Dollar!! Yessss!!! (Hand pump, dance a little jig, fireworks going off) MY VERY FIRST WALKER!!! As far as detecting this weekend goes it was a complete bust but that big ole silver made up for it all, it just takes one to make my day and I am happy. The thrill equaled my very first silver find 6 silvers ago, yeah I am new at detecting and this is old news to the pro's out there but it was like all my Christmas's rolled into one and I love it.

Total for the weekend
4 wheaties
$1.50 in Quarters
$1.40 in Dimes
.32 cents in pennies
= $3.22

and one in your face half dollar....oh yeah!!!

Any way some pics HH everyone and thanks for looking.

DSCN0316.JPG DSCN0318.JPG

Last edited:

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that would make my day, month, and year. I haven't found silver yet. Well, aluminum is silver I guess.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always have loved finding those Walking Liberty Half-Dollars :occasion14: Think that I have found less than ten so far, still no Benny tho and only one Barber Half-Dollar. Keep at it you are bound to find more, just have to get the coil over them ! :headbang:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your first BIG SILVER. How long did it take for your hands to quit shaking?

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the sweet coin, :occasion14: This one still eludes my coil. :BangHead: You better believe me when I say it would be a great weekend when or if I find a coin like that. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super find! I have yet to beep a half of any kind -

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think this coin would make anyone's weekend no matter their experience level! Awesome find and love the detail on it!

OP
OP
swagman

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your first BIG SILVER. How long did it take for your hands to quit shaking?

Not so much my hands but the grin on my face took a long time to fade lol and the wife plus the wife's mother were very happy for me and that I found it in the mothers front yard was icing on the cake.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
And that babe is in pretty good looking shape too for her age..... ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread