zman1403

May 2, 2015
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Garrett Pro Pinpoiten
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got the Pro-Pointer AT. Originally I had the Pro-Pointer but has trouble with a lot of falsing. I returned it to the dealer paid the difference and got the AT. I have used it for several days now and so far am very satisfied. Still trying to figure out the sensitivity settings but haven't had any false alarms.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
It's a wonderful piece of technology, isn't it. I can't imagine life without one.

zman1403

May 2, 2015
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Garrett Pro Pinpoiten
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After having all the falsing issues with the Pro-Pointer I was reluctant to pay more money and get the AT. But having done so I am now pleased with the AT. I do 50% of my hunting at the beach and the new AT compensates for the ground minerals and salt water. Still learning the sensitivity settings.

OP
OP
D

DirtToad

Greenie
May 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep took me a little while to get the settings down. I kept holding the button down during turn on or not holding long enough for the setting mode. Just remember to give it a second after power up then hold the button till the light flashes.

zman1403

May 2, 2015
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Garrett Pro Pinpoiten
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks DirtToad

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thumbs up!! This is a sweet pointer! Well worth the dough! I was so close to another product but I made an excellent choice. I learned it's settings and took it out for it's first finds. It's quiet when I need it to be and water proof like one should be. You can tell I'm pleased with my purchase.

Agreed! The New Garrett Pro Pointer AT is the best pointer on the market by far in my opinion!

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on what I've read here, I ordered an AT pointer Friday. Can't wait to get it.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Here are some tricks not shown in the manual about the Pro Pointer AT:

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty impressive, John! I like the bike inner tube idea. I read one user is protecting the business end of the wand with heat shrink tube.
The ring hack is amazing. Wonder how that works?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread