Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my AT pro about 3 years ago, replacing a ace 150.

I honestly liked the ace better. The AT pro never was working correctly. biggest issue was that it would not give me a reproducible tone. Basically, impossible to use. I couldn't find anything. It would beep without me moving it, it wouldn't beep over targets I placed on the ground. Basically it sucked.

The speaker just randomly stopped working last month, so I sent it in. thankfully that honored the warrently.

they replaced my stock coil, and the computer. HOLY SMOKES. It works great now. I know exaclty what is under my coil before I dig it. I know the depth, and I can pin point with the coil very nicely. nice tight plugs. finally, I have a decent setup.

I think my AT pro was hosed from the get-go.

Took it out yesterday for 10 minutes after work. found a few cents, a quarter, a dog tag, and a handful of trash. No AG or AU yet - I gotta put in some time.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and it took you 3 years to figure this out?:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Put the MD'ing on a hiatus when I realized my detector was acting erratic. I'd only take it out here and there. Does that make sense?

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
garrett is one of the best for cust.service.I'm glad it worked out for you.love mine

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that you have a machine that works good, I bet you will be out hunting lots and that you wished you sent it in earlier. Glad you now like the Pro, it is a good detector.....enjoy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread