AT PRO Owners dont do what I did !!! ( Broke my detector )

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT PRO Owners don't do what I did !!! ( Broke my detector )

Just a warning to others. I had my upper cam lock become frozen in place for some reason. Attempting to unlock the cam lock and not thinking I used my control box as a point of leverage with the palm of my hand. I was really cranking on the cam when I broke the control box off the handle. I was immediately disgusted and pissed off with myself. I called Garrett today admitting my stupidity and it's going in for a new control box housing which they described as an easy repair. When a cam lock freezes up it can be very frustrating and my frustration and determination to unlock that cam lock got the best of me. Yes, the cam lock unlocked when I broke the control box off the handle go figure. So keep a cool head if you have a cam lock freeze up and don't do what I did

Last edited:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Thanks for owning up to that accident. That's how we all learn...from our and others mistakes. I have done my share of idiotic things too.

OP
OP
Rustynailsandscrews

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for owning up to that accident. That's how we all learn...from our and others mistakes. I have done my share of idiotic things too.

The heat wave we have had here was a large part of making me hot headed and not thinking as I had baked in it for at least 4 hours. Add to the fact that I was packing the Pro in and out of the site in a backpack as not to be seen by any of the local vultures and appear as just some idiot on a hike in a tick infested Lymes disease area. I was just trying to break it down to fit back in my pack on the way back out. I sure won't make that mistake again and will cut the cam shaft off if it happens again.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just purchased a AT Pro so I dont beat up my F75 lol. Yes I remember seeing a video where the guy had duct taped his control box back on. Thanks for the tips, I am very particular with my equipment. Will use a light hand on the cam locks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread