Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The AT works good only problem is when i pin point as the little black blocks on top make a loud clicking sound as they go back & forth . It drives me crazy .Click,click,click every time the blocks move... I can not stand it when my equipment will not work as it should.. I guess the only way to fix the problem is send it to Garrett.. And that is what i am going to do..

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This is my 4th AT Pro and my last for of all the bad luck i have had with them after it comes back from Garrett and is fixed i am going to sell it.. Now i have the same Garrett Pro pointer that i got when they first came out and never had a problem with it ... BUT never again will i own a AT Pro...

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear it. I used my buddys AT Pro a while back and decided I needed one. Im about results, and I am looking forward to learning a new machine. I didnt need the sensitivity or depth of my F75. But I wanted the iron discrimination the AT Pro has. You will also miss the simplicity of making and checking targets with the AT Pro. This is from a experienced user who used the AT Pro on one hunt. While most of my buddys own the T2, I see more of them getting the AT Pro for iron infested sites. This is not a put down on First Texas products. I could have bought a F44 for a lot less. But that 5x8 coil on the AT Pro has been producing here and I want to get in on the action. Having a Garret Pin Pointer go bad right out of the box, I know its hit or miss. But Garret was good about replacing it. I just needed a simple but good machine for my wife and son to use. Something I could take on a quick hunt and get wet. I hope it is ready for some heat as we are hitting triple digits here.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my 4th AT Pro and my last for of all the bad luck i have had with them after it comes back from Garrett and is fixed i am going to sell it.. Now i have the same Garrett Pro pointer that i got when they first came out and never had a problem with it ... BUT never again will i own a AT Pro...
You still considering the Fors Core?

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You still considering the Fors Core?
Yes every now and then i go back and look at them .. bunny-dance.jpg

Last edited:

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would talk to Bart at Big Boy Hobbies before pulling the trigger on the Fors, he had some experienced advice for me when I Contacted him about it.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keppy, have you decided on what detector you are going to purchase? ...The Makro Racer seems impressive and considering that detector myself...The only thing that I don`t like about the Fors CoRe is the fact that the screen is on the side of that box underneath the arm rest which would seem bothersome when changing settings...I wanted to try the At-Pro myself but past experience with Garrett products made me reconsider that decision....Let us know on what you decide..

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy, have you decided on what detector you are going to purchase? ...The Makro Racer seems impressive and considering that detector myself...The only thing that I don`t like about the Fors CoRe is the fact that the screen is on the side of that box underneath the arm rest which would seem bothersome when changing settings...I wanted to try the At-Pro myself but past experience with Garrett products made me reconsider that decision....Let us know on what you decide..
While i have been using Garrett and Minelab detectors almost all my years of hunting ... But i have used other brands but keep going back to Garrett & Minelab...i just might try the AT again .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread