AT PRO HAS TO GO FOR A REPAIR
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    2681 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

AT PRO HAS TO GO FOR A REPAIR

The AT works good only problem is when i pin point as the little black blocks on top make a loud clicking sound as they go back & forth . It drives me crazy .Click,click,click every time the blocks move... I can not stand it when my equipment will not work as it should.. I guess the only way to fix the problem is send it to Garrett.. And that is what i am going to do..
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    2681 times
    This is my 4th AT Pro and my last for of all the bad luck i have had with them after it comes back from Garrett and is fixed i am going to sell it.. Now i have the same Garrett Pro pointer that i got when they first came out and never had a problem with it ... BUT never again will i own a AT Pro...

us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
    2072 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Sorry to hear it. I used my buddys AT Pro a while back and decided I needed one. Im about results, and I am looking forward to learning a new machine. I didnt need the sensitivity or depth of my F75. But I wanted the iron discrimination the AT Pro has. You will also miss the simplicity of making and checking targets with the AT Pro. This is from a experienced user who used the AT Pro on one hunt. While most of my buddys own the T2, I see more of them getting the AT Pro for iron infested sites. This is not a put down on First Texas products. I could have bought a F44 for a lot less. But that 5x8 coil on the AT Pro has been producing here and I want to get in on the action. Having a Garret Pin Pointer go bad right out of the box, I know its hit or miss. But Garret was good about replacing it. I just needed a simple but good machine for my wife and son to use. Something I could take on a quick hunt and get wet. I hope it is ready for some heat as we are hitting triple digits here.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30027 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Keppy View Post
    This is my 4th AT Pro and my last for of all the bad luck i have had with them after it comes back from Garrett and is fixed i am going to sell it.. Now i have the same Garrett Pro pointer that i got when they first came out and never had a problem with it ... BUT never again will i own a AT Pro...
    You still considering the Fors Core?
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    2681 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    You still considering the Fors Core?
    Yes every now and then i go back and look at them ..Name:  bunny-dance.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  23.8 KB
    Last edited by Keppy; Aug 31, 2015 at 06:50 PM.

us
    Apr 2010
    Twin Cities, MN
    Minelab Equinox 800 Past: Tesoro Tiger Shark Tesoro Silver uMax AT Pro
    116 times
    Metal Detecting
    I would talk to Bart at Big Boy Hobbies before pulling the trigger on the Fors, he had some experienced advice for me when I Contacted him about it.
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." ~Winston Churchill

ca
    Oct 2007
    Newfoundland
    Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
    337 times
    Metal Detecting
    Keppy, have you decided on what detector you are going to purchase? ...The Makro Racer seems impressive and considering that detector myself...The only thing that I don`t like about the Fors CoRe is the fact that the screen is on the side of that box underneath the arm rest which would seem bothersome when changing settings...I wanted to try the At-Pro myself but past experience with Garrett products made me reconsider that decision....Let us know on what you decide..

Charter Member
    us

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    2681 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfiehunter View Post
    Keppy, have you decided on what detector you are going to purchase? ...The Makro Racer seems impressive and considering that detector myself...The only thing that I don`t like about the Fors CoRe is the fact that the screen is on the side of that box underneath the arm rest which would seem bothersome when changing settings...I wanted to try the At-Pro myself but past experience with Garrett products made me reconsider that decision....Let us know on what you decide..
    While i have been using Garrett and Minelab detectors almost all my years of hunting ... But i have used other brands but keep going back to Garrett & Minelab...i just might try the AT again .
    Last edited by Keppy; Sep 03, 2015 at 02:27 PM.

Sponsored Links