When The Cats Away, The Mouse Can Play......... Check Out All Of Todays Junk!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
When The Cats Away, The Mouse Can Play......... Check Out All Of Today's Junk!

DSC_1215.JPG

My wife went to Hawaii for several days for some courses, so, being off today, I worked hard, looking for oldies. It payed off too.

DSC_1228.JPG

A couple of large cents, a couple of silvers and some other old pennies made for a nice coin catch.

DSC_1242.JPG

And, some other odds and ends, 2 rings and some common items from the turn of the century. I got my first arrow head, but it was carved out of lead...What's with that? :icon_scratch:

DSC_1251.JPG

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see an arrow head being made of lead as very conceivable. It's still used in modern firearms. It is heavy for it's size compared to flint and would deliver more impact on it's target. Lead would be easier to form into an arrow head then flint. Maybe a smart Native American recycling stuff that was shot at him ? For the naysayers, let me put that head on an arrow and draw it back in my bow and shoot you with it !!! It's probably more recent than primitive. Native Americans were very resourceful and at the right draw weight on a bow that head would be very devesting to a human. I'd rather be hit with the .22 bullet then that arrow head.
Nice finds.
As far as the wife being in Hawaii for a few days, I spent three weeks on the Island of Maui,Hawaii and didn't want to come back to Upstate, NY.
All you can do is hope and pray that, she doesn't want to come back !!!!
Good luck on that and I don't mean to get your hopes up but the CAT always comes back, at least in my experience no matter how far you get away from them.

Last edited:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Misread, I thought YOU went to Hawaii!

Canada - Hawaii - - - am I missing something? :laughing7:

Never found a lead "arrowhead" (although if it were real Indian, it would have been Waaaa-y too heavy for an arrowhead. More like a spear point.)

Lots of gold rings and chains on Maui I suppose - that's where the money is.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Misread, I thought YOU went to Hawaii!

Canada - Hawaii - - - am I missing something? :laughing7:

Never found a lead "arrowhead" (although if it were real Indian, it would have been Waaaa-y too heavy for an arrowhead. More like a spear point.)

Lots of gold rings and chains on Maui I suppose - that's where the money is.

My wife does drum circles and North America flute shows. In order to work with the schools boards, one has to be certified as professional. She gets her validation in Hawaii. I might go with her next year.... Lead arrow heads? That's a first for me. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread