telecaster

Greenie
Jul 27, 2015
Lebanon Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got my AT Pro four days ago. I have been out of detecting for about 30 years. I used to
detect 4 days a week or so with a Whites 5000 Di pro. I used that machine for about 5 yrs. I
had stopped looking at the guage on it....I could tell pretty close by the sounds what the target
was and even close to how deep. Well when I got my AT Pro I expected the same results. I have
gotten a little disappointed because it don't sound or act like my old Whites. Then it dawn on me
after about 5 hrs of use. IT AIN'T A WHITES....ITS A GARRETT. Its a different detector. So now it
up to me to learn the ins and outs of my Garrett. I'm sure it will be better than my old White
because technology improves over 30 years. So, It is up to me to learn my machine. And that
relates to spending time reading, listening to others, watching videos, and taking my machine to
the field. Yeah i'm sure a machine can have a defect...but barring that....guess what that only
leaves human error. So get out there and learn....speaking of which it's time for me to grab my
AT Pro and head out the door. Tks Bill

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not at all. and you are talking to someone that just got his toasted 2 weeks ago. I have the machine run strong for 4 years and I think it was my fault for leaving it in a hot car on the summer months.

Garrett is great when it comes to CS and will do what it takes to keep you happy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am on my 4th one and it is not working right so now i will not buy any more AT Pro's... All 4 of mine went bad some way or other.. SO "Are they junk " To me they are..

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am on my 4th one and it is not working right so now i will not buy any more AT Pro's... All 4 of mine went bad some way or other.. SO "Are they junk " To me they are..

Yea, that would put a bad taste in my mouth too....its all so "Chancy" BUT if you got one that worked good, they are pretty good machines..just gotta roll the dice

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after running with the big dawgs and their AT Pros kicking my butt I just pulled the trigger on a new AT Pro from Bart. I have backpacks for my detectors and they are not abused so I am hoping to get a good one with no problems I cant live without. I have used my buddys AT Pro (Jimzz77) and found the ease of switching modes and changing settings on the fly very simple. Not that my my F75 could keep up, but I needed a dedicated machine for certain types of hunts I dont want to do with my F75. I really couldn't afford a T2 so next best option is the AT Pro for iron disc. I considered the F44, but couldn't get any feed back on it as how the F44 compares to the AT Pro. Since I had the F75 didnt see any benefit of another Fisher as I can only swing one machine at a time. Here in the desert I have seen the AT Pro perform so I dont think I wasted my money. You can bet it will be tested, and Im sure my wife and son will enjoy using it when we hunt as a family.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well after running with the big dawgs and their AT Pros kicking my butt I just pulled the trigger on a new AT Pro from Bart. I have backpacks for my detectors and they are not abused so I am hoping to get a good one with no problems I cant live without. I have used my buddys AT Pro (Jimzz77) and found the ease of switching modes and changing settings on the fly very simple. Not that my my F75 could keep up, but I needed a dedicated machine for certain types of hunts I dont want to do with my F75. I really couldn't afford a T2 so next best option is the AT Pro for iron disc. I considered the F44, but couldn't get any feed back on it as how the F44 compares to the AT Pro. Since I had the F75 didnt see any benefit of another Fisher as I can only swing one machine at a time. Here in the desert I have seen the AT Pro perform so I dont think I wasted my money. You can bet it will be tested, and Im sure my wife and son will enjoy using it when we hunt as a family.

I hunt the mojave in so.cal all winter...atp is an excellent desert machine,with 5x8 it is awsome on the trashy homesites and mining camps.youre gonna love it.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live up north in the Canada. Yes, The Canada... I have an AT PRO with 5x8 and 8.5x11 coils. I much prefer the 5x8 if you don't care about max depth (Sub 1" from the 8.5 to the 5) and I love it. Damn do I get a lot of trash, but I am also learning. been a bit of a curver with the 6 modes to choose, but I think its a great buy for the $$$ and I have no regrets, just no leaving it in a hot car and all is well =)

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my AT Pro....it has been very good to me, that being said, I gotta go take mine out of the car...:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread