Brand New AT Pro two coil package Nuclear out of the box.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After bashing the AT Pro guys for the last several years I am here to eat a little crow. You just cant ignore results from the guys next to you pulling barbers and IH while you dig old cans. Im a die hard Fisher man and will say my F75 is too smart for me. I needed a second detector for the wife and son that they could turn on and go. I also needed a good machine in iron infested areas. I like the old iron but iron audio looks like a beast for hunting that old coin in the many old homesteads and tear outs Im finding this year. I have had a chance to hunt with guys like Texas Jim and if your aware of his success you know why I like the AT Pro. I had borrowed the AT Pro earlier this year and was impressed. I also was just looking for a economy detector and was quickly talked out of that. I have a hunt planned for September which is a once in life time hunt here for me. My F75 performed well, but had me stuck in one small area as it was just too hot. I needed a large screen and a back hoe and large screen lol. I was digging pieces of bullets and such at 10" inches and I really just wanted to glean the area. Anyways the 5x8 coil on pro mode is what I need. I hope to get out today and find some coins at the local parks. I can use some advice on setting for city parks, dry creek beds, ghost towns iron infested sites, and water hunts. Anyone have any favorite settings?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Congrats on getting a n AT Pro.:thumbsup: I hope you enjoy it. It's like getting 2 machines for the price of one as it works both on land and water. You will do well in those iron infested areas. Can I suggest the 5" x 8" coil? Simply the best for target separation. Here's a link on some AT Pro instruction videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrDAu6JPiwwVjpRY9W4Y5_A

Also, check out my various videos I have made using Garrett metal detectors.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8CORF4dsmopibINy0fWzGA

70033_1.jpg

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I go on 0 scrim in promode, no iron audio and listen to the song. You'll hear that good stuff mixed in. If you hear jumpy iron/high, bottle cap...repeating clear signal, dig it!

Enjoy your AT Pro!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
all of the areas you listed can be hunted effectively with one setting...pro mode..zero...iron desc as needed if at all...iron audio off untill needed for iffy..sens as high as soil can handle..ground balanced over clean ground.

I hunt this way all the time and see no need to get any fancier.if not relic hunting iron desc.at 35

good luck and congrats,its gonna grow on you pretty fast.That 5x8 is optimal for sure,the weight and balance alone are awsome but the seperation in iron and trash is truly inspiring.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to discrim on mine but found it was better to leave it wide open. As mentioned above it will find a masked coin and the small coil will help isolate the bad targets from the good ones. Plus you dont even need to pinpoint with the small coil its pretty obvisous where the target will be. Best of luck!

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
!st hunt went well/ Pro mode is the mode for me. Couldn't believe how light is was and really a pleasure to swing. It didn't like the iron poles on the play equipment but I could still hunt under the equipment and pull coins. I did find one gold plated chain. a Mexican Pesos coin spill, and several Lincolns penny's. My son had the F75 and did not do real well. Had to stop as he got heat exhaustion. It was in the triple digits. I noticed the face plate got a rainbow of colors in it, but didn't effect performance and I could still read the numbers. Now Pro/zero mode with iron disc on 28 and i didn't dig one bottle cap. This is how a friend hunts with his and recommended the settings. The sensitivity to small foil also impressed me as I could actually disc it out with those settings. I will check out those videos John. Im not ready for zero disc just yet. I also was blown away with the iron audio function. Really saves a guys back. There was several targets next to a iron pole or with trash signals that I was able to pull with fast Pro setting. Depth was adequate as my deepest target was 7" inches. I have two hunts planned this weekend. One is a old school, and the other is with a friend who has a AT Pro also. He is gonna hunt with me and scan the same targets to show me more about the AT Pro. I am due a Barber and IH.....thanks for the help I will post more later.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see what you mean now, no disc an pro mode zero. Absolutely killed it, pretty sure I found gold and silver today.
chain.jpg goodies.jpg ProZeroMode.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread