2nd Hunt with the ATP, Im impressed.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a school and a park. Played with some different settings. I could swing this light detector all day. Still figuring things out. Not sure why the GB was at 90 but tomorrow is a new day. aug8th.jpg

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm, I thought that it was a bit head heavy actually. Good machine though.

Both myself and my wife have the 5x8 dd on our atps...what a differance in weight and balance.just awsome.

casca..I recomend the after using the pump method of ground balancing you knock it back down by 5 ish.hold coil off ground..press gb once..use buttons above gb button to force up or down...the push gb again to lock it in.

my expierience is that the atp will gb a bit high everywhere costing some depth.this should correct that.also this will REALLY help with bottle caps.they no longer mess with me at all save the once in a while corona cap..lol

your gonna love that machine more and more as you get it dialed in and for you it will surely happen fast..:occasion14:

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks BigFoot, wildo. Guys I love the 5x8 coil, haven't tried the stock coil yet. Pro mode Zero no disc and 3 bars from the top is for me. Was getting plenty of depth. Cant wait to try Bigfoots gb settings.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my friend...unless you are going relic hunting and need the extra inch(actually slightly less)you may NEVER put the stock coil on your atp.....I simply wont,cant figure a reason to.gl my friend....good things a comin...watch

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my friend...unless you are going relic hunting and need the extra inch(actually slightly less)you may NEVER put the stock coil on your atp.....I simply wont,cant figure a reason to.gl my friend....good things a comin...watch
For my hunts the depth of the 5x8 coil is fine. I doubt I am missing any targets. While I look for new drops in the city parks, I am finding gold and silver at 8 inches. Now these spots have been walked over before with my F75 with a assortment of coils I use. So my thought is the F75 is too sensitive for these trashy areas. The AT Pro has a higher sensitivity, but for some reason works better than my F75 on coin size and larger targets. The AT Pro is giving me a better idea of what to dig, does that make sense? As for iron, so far I am not able to settle my F75 down like the AT Pro. So I think its just me and not the F75. I have learned not to dig any more than I have too. I really like the F75, and hands down it has depth. But you are correct, there is no need for the big coil unless your in a wide open and clean area. I have looked at the Nel snake coil also, but not sure it will give any better results than what I am getting. Its all about results for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread