A New Product Announcement From Garrett! :)

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get why they felt the need to come out with this one when they just came out with the AT. Is it cheaper? Doesn't seem to get any better depth than the AT.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet they discontinue the original pro pointer

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Not everyone needs a totally water proof pin-pointer. The new Pro-Pointer II has automatic shut off and will chirp for an hour before shutting off in case you lost it. It is also more rugged then the original and more sensitive also. The cost is reduced compared to the Pro-Pointer AT.

DSC_0427 smaller.jpg

Last edited:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The original and still the best!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The new Garrett Pro-pointer II is affordable. Retail $129.95, but dealers will have it for $110.45. They have improved the durability, added the lanyard spot, lost pinpoint alarm and increased the sensitivity a tad. Preordersbeing taken for mid to late September delivery.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales Rental | Treasure Hunting | Metal Detecting Stuff
I do not know what you mean ..lost pinpoint alarm.. That is why we get the pointer for so it will sound a alarm when we look for our find.. I still have the first pro pointer Garrett put out and got it when they first came out and it still works great... I did not buy the orange one and i will not buy this one .... But there are some out there that will own all 3 of them.. They know if they put out something new there are ones that have to have it so it is just another money maker for Garrett ..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it isn't turned off after 5 mins ( think its 5 mins) of inactivity it starts beeping..

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To me it makes no sense. Yes the new Pro Pointer II may be improved over the original Pro Pointer but why on earth would you not pay an additional $17 to get the Pro Pointer AT? That is not a huge cost difference. That is if this new pointer really is $110. Now if the Pro Pointer II was say $40 or so less then I think it would be worth thinking over. Just my opinion and I'm sure others will argue.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I do not know what you mean ..lost pinpoint alarm.. That is why we get the pointer for so it will sound a alarm when we look for our find.. I still have the first pro pointer Garrett put out and got it when they first came out and it still works great... I did not buy the orange one and i will not buy this one .... But there are some out there that will own all 3 of them.. They know if they put out something new there are ones that have to have it so it is just another money maker for Garrett ..

Keppy, you don't need to buy a new one to replace the original one you purchased. It's working fine for you and a water proof one is of no use to you. Some people have never owned an electronic pin-pointer, only hunt land, so this might be a great pin-pointer for them.

There have been instances where someone used their pin-pointer to retrieve a target, and just left it lying on the ground walking away. By the time they realized it was missing, they totally lost sight of where they left it. The new Pro-Pointer will start chirping if left on, allowing the user to help locate where he/she lost it. Accidents do happen.....I lost one several years ago and to date still haven't found it.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Really sends the message too that Garrett is continually researching and developing innovative things. Good detectors. Loved mine, but realize that it's pretty hard to buy a crappy detector today. Hey, as long as you have fun, what's the problem?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy, you don't need to buy a new one to replace the original one you purchased. It's working fine for you and a water proof one is of no use to you. Some people have never owned an electronic pin-pointer, only hunt land, so this might be a great pin-pointer for them.

There have been instances where someone used their pin-pointer to retrieve a target, and just left it lying on the ground walking away. By the time they realized it was missing, they totally lost sight of where they left it. The new Pro-Pointer will start chirping if left on, allowing the user to help locate where he/she lost it. Accidents do happen.....I lost one several years ago and to date still haven't found it.
Well if mine ever quits working i will just get the orange one ..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Really sends the message too that Garrett is continually researching and developing innovative things. Good detectors. Loved mine, but realize that it's pretty hard to buy a crappy detector today. Hey, as long as you have fun, what's the problem?
Well i guess that is true and is good for us..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If it isn't turned off after 5 mins ( think its 5 mins) of inactivity it starts beeping..
OK now i get what the lost pin point mod is .. It did not lose the pin point alarm ... It gives a alarm if you leave it or lose it >>

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just hope my Sunray never fails - it's the best thing since sliced bread!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK now i get what the lost pin point mod is .. It did not lose the pin point alarm ... It gives a alarm if you leave it or lose it >>

You got it sir!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the new feature. I had set my pro-pointer down one hunt when fishing a cellar hole area in a woods. Took me 45 minutes to locate it. Now when I hunt in the woods I put a stripe of hot pink duct tape on it so I do not have to waste another 45 minutes trying to locate it. Would have been nice for it to start beeping after 5 minutes. I would have had 40 more minutes to hunt that day.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Loco-Digger,

I carry two Garrett pro pointers (orange) on my nylon duty belt and they are both secured by lanyards. This works very well in the woods where things can get caught on branches.

Regards,

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread