Nel Big Coil

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Chad1972

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, now I'm leaning towards the Storm, the Big might be a little heavy to swing for very long.

Fire9378

Mar 4, 2015
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
T-Rex Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with the Attack coil. Considered the Storm but wanted the extra depth. You really can't go wrong with any of them. The Attack like the Big will wear you out until you get used to them. But the depth they will go will surprise you. I hunt mostly beaches and was able to pull a beer can from 2 feet deep in the dry sand. And yes...I knew it was probably a can by the size. But dug it anyway just to see how deep it actually was. I was impressed. Also pulled a Platinum ring from over a foot deep. I'm hooked on the NEL Coils, you really can't go wrong with them. My next one will be the Sharpshooter. I have some older trashy parks to hit.

Hope this helps and HH!!!

OP
OP
Chad1972

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I really like the Sharpshooter. It was a big difference in weight going from the stock coil to the Sharpshooter. I've been watching the Hoover Boys on YouTube and he really likes the Storm and always has deep holes to fill.

Fire9378

Mar 4, 2015
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
T-Rex Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you watched the Hoover Boys 9-11 episode. I'm the one who sent him the package. He kept saying I'm in the military, just a contractor over here in Afghanistan.

His reviews of the Storm coil convinced me to buy the NEL coil. You won't be disappointed with any of them from what I've researched.

OP
OP
Chad1972

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been messaging back and forth with Kurt about the Big coil and he said it would be too heavy to swing for very long. I think I'm going with the Attack coil, but I'll have my Sharpshooter on it 90% of the time.

OP
OP
Chad1972

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I bit the bullet and ordered a Nel Attack. It's coming from Ukraine so it'll be a while till I get it. I'll let yall know how it works for me when I get it and use it. Now I have to tell the wife how much I spent on "more stupid detector crap". :censored: Wish me luck...

Fire9378

Mar 4, 2015
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
T-Rex Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, Good luck. You'll love the depth. Offer I had to make is that my better half has first dibs on any jewelry finds I get. Took 3 weeks to get mine.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have the standard, 5X8, sniper and the BIG NEL coils. I sure wish the BIG had the weight of the sniper.
But it does not so...out of the water the Minelab Pro-Swing 45 is my only savior that will allow me to swing the BIG on the ATPro or the ATX. It works for me; I could not get the harness that came with the ATX to be comfortable for any longer than I could swing the ATX with out a harness. But at $130...it was a big investment.

OP
OP
Chad1972

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been tracking my new Nel Attack shipping from Ukraine, it finally showed up in New York, but then (3 days later) it got to California...I'm in Texas. How does that make sense? This is going to be a very well traveled coil. I saved about $30 ordering from Ukraine but I won't do that again...a month shipping time is bs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread