1864 U.S. 2 cent piece!!!!!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug another first tonite. Haven't posted in a while but I've been out in fields just nothing I wanted to post. Another bucket list coin in a field I've hunted for 3 years now. 1864 2 cent coin. Love this coin and never seen one in person till tonite. Love it rite after the crops come off and get to hunt a freshly plowed field. Thanks for looking and good luck everyone.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444606041.010767.jpg T ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444605649.408003.jpg

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks masterjedi this field keep producing year after year. Never thought I'd find a 2 cent coin so now have my hopes for a 3 cent. Found seated, barber, large and half cents along with many Indian head cents here so there is a good chance for more firsts for me. Love this hobby and the at gold loves those coppers.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
sometimes it sucks living in calif,cool finds

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow very nice coin. It's amazing how some coins come out of the crop fields looking great while others are trashed from the fertilizers. Not to mention missing the tractor blades after many years! Congratulations.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling that 2 cent piece. :occasion14: Now you can check that one off the bucket list.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice coin Kodiak. Was it found among CW relics? I found a 1852 three cent pc with a lot of CW bullets and relics. It's cool to think a soilder may have lost it. Was wondering if this could be the case with yours. Nice find! :thumbup:

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were civil war general service buttons found in same place but no battles here so a vet of civil war must have hung uniform in closet and buttons fell through floor boards and when house was torn down they ended up in field. That's my thought anyway. I do find relics from small war of 1812 battles and indian war relics from early 1800s in my area. I love researching areas and then proving that something happened in that area. Love history. I'm envious of the guys and gals who live close to the civil war battle sites.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sometimes it sucks living in calif,cool finds

Yea until you find a large gold nugget metal detecting lol. My chance of doing that around here are very very slim. [emoji19]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread