Nel coils for the ATP

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I can say for certain that the Sharpshooter is awesome in trashy areas without any depth loss compared to the stock coil. I just got my Attack in the mail Saturday and put it on last night. It doesn't seem any heavier than the stock coil and it found targets in my front yard but I didn't dig any. I'll get back to you when I actually use it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445872192.697090.jpg
From left to right: Sharpshooter, Stock coil, Attack

Last edited:

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Perry I like my NEL Hunter and sharpshooter coils. I've tried the Tornado, but the Attack seemed too big to swing to me. It was just different. Personally I think the Tornado only got maybe an inch better in depth over the Hunter coil. could have been the area though.
Stay Gold!
Opie

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Snake version. Man can that get in trashy sites! I'm planning on getting the Storm. I definitely want more depth. Let us know how the attack works.

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I took the Attack out for her maiden voyage for a couple of hours. I didn't think it was that heavy at first but after about an hour I can tell it is going to take some getting used to. I just switched arms though and it was fine. I was worried about pinpointing with it, but it works just like the stock coil. When I got a signal I just wiggle it back and forth while backing up until the beeping stops and the target is right in front of the center of the coil. I dug a quarter (1990 lol) at about 8" and my hole was about as big around as a softball. The deepest target was the metal part of an oil lantern and it was about 12". I put the sensitivity to half, then auto ground balanced, then cranked it all the way up with no extra chatter. If you get one and hunt more than a couple of hours at a time I would recommend some kind of strap to hold it up...or just keep switching hands. I'll probably only use it in big open, non can slaw areas. The ground was sparkling with it where I went today but I just wanted to try it out. My Sharpshooter will stay on about 90% of the time.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the tornado for the AT-Pro (currently on craigslist) I used it twice on the beach and covers a lot of ground and gets good depth but I'm mainly a relic hunter in woodsy cellar holes so I'm selling it to put toward the next toy.

I can dig it

Mar 6, 2014
KCMO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Chad1972 I'm thinking about getting the Storm coil for my ATP. What did you think about the build quality? Do you think the extra depth makes up for the extra weight?

Thanks

Last edited:

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered mine from Ukraine and when it finally got here the box was smashed on one end, I was pretty worried as I cut the tape but it was ok so I know it took one good hit so far and was fine. Their website claims 45% more depth but I haven't used it enough or did a side by side comparison to say for sure. You definitely cover more ground per swing so you could factor that in too. There's less than 2oz weight difference between the Storm and Attack but after a long day you might notice it because you are holding it out in front...I didn't think about that till I was using it. When I first picked it up I was like "well hell, this don't weigh nothing" ,but hold it out on the end of a stick for a while. lol

I can dig it

Mar 6, 2014
KCMO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why I'm considering the Storm over the Attack. Archimedes knows what he's talking about.

OP
OP
perry2

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have received and installed the Nel Tornado coil (2 1/2 days after I placed the order ///) now to give it a work out// Perry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread