perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All:
As posted I received a new Nel Tornado coil for my ATP and got to get a cpl hours on it.
I went back to a ball field that I have hit hard thinking it would be clean of coins the ATP would hit
Well eather I have been sleep walking in the past or this thing is a beast/// this from two areas of the field -maybe = to 50x 150 ft
most were 4-6” several reading 8” none 10 or over

I think I will mark off a section and CEREFULLY strip it with the 5x8 and then go over it with the Nel

The Nel is heavy but at 1-2 hrs (all I do at one time) it isn't a problam so far A+++ Perry

I can dig it

Mar 6, 2014
KCMO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great. I think I'm going to get the Storm for my AT Pro. Did the numbers ring up about the same as the Garrett coils?

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wasn't impressed with the 5x8 beaver tails kept ringing up like Pennys.i like the 8x11.
You'll like the tornado, I've found bullets at 14" so far.

OP
OP
perry2

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The VDI No. are the same on both coils.

I took the Nel out this PM to an old Common I just die this week with the 5x8 --
I went over the same ground as with the 5x8 (but couldn't help adding a 6'x 150' pc )
I got 3 qtrs., 6 dimes, 1 nickel and 9 pennies ( I guess about 3-4 from the 6' strip///)

It seems that the Nel is hitting stuff at 2-8" that I'm missing with the 5x8 ????
cant complain-- got about 790 coins so far (trying for 1000) Great fun Perry

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a great coil love it on the gold.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love my Storm I totally covered a park with the stock coil and scored a lot of deep coins. But now I'm slow searching with the Storm and digging a lot of Barbers and Indians @ 8 to 10"

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my Storm I totally covered a park with the stock coil and scored a lot of deep coins. But now I'm slow searching with the Storm and digging a lot of Barbers and Indians @ 8 to 10"

Other than a slight size difference, what is the difference with the Storm and the Tornado? I was surprised to see how close in size they are....??? One of these will be on my wishlist this year...

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any input on my last question? There is also 15" coil by NEL...

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any input on my last question? There is also 15" coil by NEL...
If you go to the nel site. It gives you a percentage of increased depth over the stock coil. The storm is like 30 or 35% and the one over that is like 45%.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I know I went to the site and I'm certain most likely just expected some technical gibberish, so I moved on hoping to get some real life testimonials and go from people who actually used then and not just what a chart tells me...
Thank you for the reply! I will go back to the site and review :thumbup::cool:

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I know I went to the site and I'm certain most likely just expected some technical gibberish, so I moved on hoping to get some real life testimonials and go from people who actually used then and not just what a chart tells me...
Thank you for the reply! I will go back to the site and review [emoji106]:cool:
Theres a few youtube videos on the coils.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got the tornado coil. The stock coil would only hit a 9" quarter that's been buried in my yard for a while if I scrubbed the ground with the coil. The tornado will hit it at least 1-2" off the ground. Manually lowering the ground balance a bit helps with depth for me. I like the coil. The best find with it for me so far was a deep SLQ mixed in with iron and a KG II at all of 10" if not more

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been watching tons of videos, and reading a few websites, figuring it out that as you go deeper, the readings aren't as accurate and also the smaller targets become harder to find... I guess that only makes sense...
I see the tornado is just slightly smaller than the storm, it us because of that, that makes me wonder what the actual differences in real life usage is... Like why would the company makes those two separate coils so close, one must be better than the other for one reason or two...

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been watching tons of videos, and reading a few websites, figuring it out that as you go deeper, the readings aren't as accurate and also the smaller targets become harder to find... I guess that only makes sense...
I see the tornado is just slightly smaller than the storm, it us because of that, that makes me wonder what the actual differences in real life usage is... Like why would the company makes those two separate coils so close, one must be better than the other for one reason or two...
The sizes are awful close. I would guess it would really come down to how much extra weight one can handle swinging. The storm and the attack has my eye. I think id get the attack as they are both pretty much the same size. Rule of thumb is bigger is always better! Right?[emoji3] [emoji2] [emoji1]

OP
OP
perry2

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have re mounted the Tornado on my ATP--
I re visited my old favorate ball field and picked up 3 Qtrs,3dimes and several 1c. in about 1/2hr -all from 3 times hit 20'x 100' ft strip.
nothing over 8" deep BUT -----3 times a good 84-87 hit at 8-10" and dug and dug and NO target ??? re sweeping over the hole and plug --NO HIT ?????
Very descouraging ---Ill keep it on and try to figure it out /// Perry

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A "Halo" Perry will do that from an old piece of steel. Some say they'll stomp on the spot before they dig, and sweep again to see if there's a different reading. Once you disturb it it's gone.
I just remembered. "Nails" cut nails or old nails will do that also. Soon as you dig a hole, poof, good sound gone.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread