Ever Wonder How Old We Metal Detector Hobbiests Are? Well, Lets Find Out............

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
52 here. Bought my first White's 5000/D in 1976 at age 13 with all the Christmas, birthday and grass cutting money I could scrounge up. Next year will be 40 years of dirt fishing. Still can't wait for the next time to get out and I look at every old place I drive by and wonder if I can get in there. Crazy how a hobby like this can keep your attention that long. You just never know what you will find next! It sure is scary how much technology has come along on detectors.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll be 45 in a couple of weeks.... but my maturity is closer to 12....no, 13.

I like to find money.

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today is actually my birthday!!!:icon_thumright::occasion18::occasion16::blob10::occasion15:

I now have 36 years on this earth...

I detect because i love old stuff. i love to see what people had and lost, it is amazing when you can use the relics to add to a story about a family or an area where people gathered and did different things. It is always the thrill of discovery for me, i simply some stuff that is buried in the dirt!! Other reasons are exercise, exploration, discovery, get away from Everything!!, just being outside, and i simply enjoy doing it!!!

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have what's on my info under my name...

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me 57, the wife a few years younger. Always wanted a MD, and we finally got a few! lol, we both grew up in the burbs of Boston. Lived in many a house that was built in the early 1700's and thinking back I wonder what was in the ground there! We moved south quite a few years back. Now we have plenty of research to do. The area we live in now was settled in around 1772. But there are older areas then this. We have found a lot of interesting information and enjoy the quest! I enjoy the exercise as it helps me with weight and keeping the ole joints moving! I'm very happy I found tnet, lots of great info and very nice people more then happy to help out the newbies!

mack0238

May 10, 2015
Rochester, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 32... and been detecting with my dad since I was able to understand the hobby.

As Indiana Jones says best: "I do it for the GLORY"

Haha... I detect because you never know what you're gonna find... :occasion14:

Last edited:

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like Im the old man on this survey at 78- been MDing for about 18 yrs--I am a history buff--Perry

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
42 Here and ever since I was a little kid I loved to find things on the ground. I manly hunt for gold rings/jewelry and silver coins.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Our friend Frankn is in his 80's as I recall.

myrtlebeach

Jan 13, 2013
Lynchburg, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
41 and I love the history! Detecting is like scratching a lottery ticket, most of the time you don't win anything... but there is always that possibility of something great. And in my opinion anything civil war related makes a good day!

Carpdogman

Aug 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
71 and I am the survivor of 9 heart stoppages. Been detecting 18 years for coins,relics and gold in the hills. Metal Detecting would be a better way to go than laying in a bed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread