Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
I placed a order yesterday for the AT pro.
I cant wait to get this machine in my hands!!
just wondering what the best set up would be for relic hunting.

i'm sure its on here somewhere and could be found using the search.
but thought it would be easier just to ask. maybe someone could point me in the right direction
to a good thread or offer some suggestions and share there set up.

Thanks in advance, Cletus

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting a great machine ! You will love it ! Very easy to use, I would watch the videos that Garrett has to start with.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all,
I placed a order yesterday for the AT pro.
I cant wait to get this machine in my hands!!
just wondering what the best set up would be for relic hunting.

i'm sure its on here somewhere and could be found using the search.
but thought it would be easier just to ask. maybe someone could point me in the right direction
to a good thread or offer some suggestions and share there set up.

Thanks in advance, Cletus

It's a very simple machine to learn. For relics, pro zero, full sensitivity if it's not too trashy of an area and the factory coil for fields or areas not loaded with trash. They are a great bang for the buck. Good luck!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pro zero sens up as far as you can and still run stable ground balance often run iron up to 27 and use iron audio. Swing slow so you can catch those deep signals and it will also help separate signals. Run coil as close to ground as possible I like to scrub the ground. I have pulled nice relics with the pro. Good luck and enjoy the pro.

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pro zero sens up as far as you can and still run stable ground balance often run iron up to 27 and use iron audio. Swing slow so you can catch those deep signals and it will also help separate signals. Run coil as close to ground as possible I like to scrub the ground. I have pulled nice relics with the pro. Good luck and enjoy the pro.

It took me a while to get to this point with my AT Pro, but this is what I'm running now. I'm alright being here now because running the other pro coins mode helped me learn the machine a little at a time, plus, it allowed me to leave some oddball things at my sites to find later!! Ha ha... But I am very glad to be hunting full out 100%!!

OP
OP
Cletus

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone!!
this past summer i restored a barn in our area. the corner stone was marked 1811.
the old stone house was built by Quakers and was standing during the French and Indian war.
joining the property is another old house that was used as a field hospital during the civil war.

After a lot of talking with the owners i finally got permission.
right now the corn has been cut so the 200 acres of fields are accessible. needless to say i'm very excited
to get this machine and get swinging!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread