Good place to get AT Pro and Pointer help please, thnx

Fishingfromakayak

Nov 19, 2015
Mass
Detector(s) used
BH Shooter II, AT Pro, Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am hoping to get an AT Pro and a Pointer for X-Mass,,,,lol buying my own gift. Any suggestions as to a good place to get them ? I would like to get them as a package to save a little if possible. I have looked around and they all seem to be very close in price. This would be the first time I buy one online so I am a little nervous about it. any help/suggestions/recommendations are welcome. I live in Massachusetts. If you dont want to post it feel free to PM me, thank you for looking,

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup... Big Boys... Bart has a phone #, go ahead and call him, he will take care of you over the phone if you prefer.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Dealers are required to advertise in accordance with the MSRP.

On the phone you'll find they have a little room to play.

OP
OP
F

Fishingfromakayak

Nov 19, 2015
Mass
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the help, Cletus thnx for the reassurance :)

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Your gonna love your AT. If you used any of the Ace serious then I'd suggest starting right off in Pro mode on the AT pro.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith at Fort Bedford

Digger Max

Oct 27, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
E-TRAC
ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Boys Hobbies all the way.
Bart knows the metal detecting business.
You will not go wrong with BIG BOYS HOBBIES.

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your gonna love your AT. If you used any of the Ace serious then I'd suggest starting right off in Pro mode on the AT pro.

i agree. the pro mode is really easy to master.
after just a few hours of using the ATP it felt like i had used it for years.

ogoat

Dec 2, 2015
Arvada, Colorado
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
just bought my AT Pro from Kellyco and got a pointer and starter kit for free, came in at just under $600. Starter kit had detector bag, hand shovel, and some other trinkets. The pointer was free with the BOGO deal, they give you a code you have to enter at checkout to see the markdowns.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do all my business with Metaldetectingstuff. Wayne and Doug will take care of you. I live in NW Ohio and they are in Texas and I order from them because they are cheaper than the shop closest to me and have become friends of mine. Great guys give them a look if you want you won't be disappointed.

OP
OP
F

Fishingfromakayak

Nov 19, 2015
Mass
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you ALL for your help. I called and emailed several places and I ended up getting it at KellyCo. I ordered it friday and got the AT Pro along with a Vulcan Pointer + the regular free stuff, for just under $600, it is currently in a FedEx truck passing through PA as I write this. Again thank you all for your help.

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will love it !

OP
OP
F

Fishingfromakayak

Nov 19, 2015
Mass
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well first day out today with the AT Pro. It worked well as I had hoped it would. I had trouble using it to really pin point the coins location but it will come in time i am sure. I am very happy with it. It is the first time I use a DD coil. The Vulcan Pin Pointer must really be close to the coin for it to work. I checked my settings also, but this is the first time I use a pin pointer so maybe they are all like that I wouldn't know. The Vulcan PP turned on twice while in the holster it came with,,,maybe I pushed it in too far ??? Bottom Line I am very happy with the AT Pro,,,and need more time with the Vulcan before I can really say if I like it or not,,, Kellyco did what they said they would do,,,I would buy from them again. Thank you all for your help and good advice.

Oo-v-oO

Greenie
Sep 22, 2014
Live Free or Die, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White's Quantum II
Garrett Carrot, Harbor Freight pinpointer
Lesche & Finnish gardening tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're not familiar with the way a double D search coil works, pinpointing with the coil can be a little confusing.

I almost never use the pinpoint feature on the detector. The easiest way to pinpoint with a DD coil is to swing back and forth over the target using short strokes while slowly backing up. As soon as the signal fades out, make an imaginary line on the ground across the front of the search coil and turn 90 degrees and start swinging with short strokes over the target again while slowly backing up. A line across the front of the coil where the signal fades now, intersected with the previous line, is where the target is.
It sounds a little complex, but once you do it a couple of times it becomes second nature.

Happy hunting!

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT Pro is very easy to pinpoint with and use. Get the 5x8 coil and you will never take it off. Good luck! Bart is a great guy if you go that route.

Desert Don

Dec 28, 2015
On the Mojave Desert near Mojave.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. In the past: Home made detector (circa 1969), World War II mine detector, Fisher M70 M-Scope (1971), Bounty Hunter TR 550, Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy all of my detector equipment from Kellyco. My last purchase was a Garrett AT Pro, and Garrett Pro Pointer. I highly recommend the Garrett Pro Pointer. Don't know how I ever did metal detecting without it for all those years. Garrett has a new one out now, but I see no need to change. Before that, I bought the Garrett ACE 350 from Kellyco. I still have it, but rarely use it. I only used it for 3 months before I got the bug, and money, for an AT Pro. So I upgraded. If anybody would like to by a nearly new Garrett ACE 350, let me know.

I was out with the AT Pro just today, and found my first silver ring of the year.

Desert Don

Oo-v-oO

Greenie
Sep 22, 2014
Live Free or Die, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White's Quantum II
Garrett Carrot, Harbor Freight pinpointer
Lesche & Finnish gardening tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much are you asking, Don? I know of someone looking to get started in the hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread