Ground balancing below 20 on the AT PRO

dereklang

Greenie
Dec 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys quick question I'm using the AT PRO in saltwater and was having problems with noise. I had to manually ground balance to around 16 (as stated ranged in the manual ) but I'm worried as I read somewhere that having such a low ground balance affects the lower conducting targets like gold. While a high ground balance above 80 affects targets like silver. Is this true? I did find some targets today all junk though.

I'm using zero mode with iron audio

Dec 22, 2015
Fernandina Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I may recommend since no machine can be exactly like the other (IMO) and will respond differently in (extreme) situations, try testing your machine with small gold and silver earrings or thin rings. The smallest you have access to anyway. Put it in a zip lock bag and use it as a test subject in different environments. Try ground level and at least 6 inches deep while ground balancing from one end of the spectrum to the other. Also use your disc in the same manner in PRO mode, possibly adding an iron object to the bag to hear the tone separations. I would not simply "air test" other than making sure your machine responds. I'm sure you will hear many answers but I have found that experience is the best teacher. Noises are great unless you are coin shooting! FYI, I live in NE Florida and hunt the beaches mostly. I use an AT Pro and an Infinium LS PI machine. GL & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions