First 12 hrs with AT Pro and Vulcan PPointer

Fishingfromakayak

Nov 19, 2015
Mass
Detector(s) used
BH Shooter II, AT Pro, Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coming from a B Hunter Sharp Shooter to the AT Pro is a big change for me. The AT gets more hits both trash and Valuables. It is taking me a while to get good at actually pin pointing the coin. My holes are laughable some times, lol. With the BH I could nail its exact location and just pop out the coin. With the AT it is taking me time, but I expect this due to the DD coil verses the BH coil. I have found that I am getting better with pin pointing with the AT as I put in more time,,, I expected this, I'm not complaining just letting other know what to expect. I have about 12 hrs on the AT and my rechargeable batteries still say full charge. One thing that I discovered that I was very happy about is that with the AT i was able to search about 6" from a metal fence without getting interference from the fence, that is something that I didn't do with the B Hunter. I find that I am liking the Vulcan Pin Pointer more as I get more use to the AT. I dont seem to be turning it on when I put it back in the belt holster as I have in the past :). I definitely like the fact that it vibrates on detection. I dont know if all others do this or not but I wouldn't get one without vibration,,sometimes I can't hear the Beep Beep. I have never used another Pin Pointer,,, I would recommend this one, my only reservation is the little battery cap screw,,,I wish the cap attached a different way….If my AT and Vulcan got stolen would I buy them again,,,yes I like both of them and am happy with them and feel that as I learn how to operate them I will get better and ignore Old Milwaukee Beer cans and find that gold bar that is buried 6" down with my name on it :)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still use the old way of pinpointing. X marks the spot even though I use an F75 LTD SE. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, I actually believe if I wanted a new detector, the wife would have pulled the trigger and got me one. GL & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread