QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes that box is available to purchase. I conversed with the builder via email before Christmas- as I have a 350 as well.. but at $100+ it prices itself out of the market as far as I am concerned.

Yea- you get to go in water.. but you still can't ground balance or target ID so the money is better spent towards a used AT Pro.

How does it waterseal the coil cable and headphones???????

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
target ID is capable and easy to see through the box. If you already have owned an Ace for a while and it's been sitting in your closet since you've upgraded,100 bucks is not much to add another water tight detector to your Arsenal. Ground balance?? Ace isn't a salt water machine to begin with and neither really is the AT Pro.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I feel $100.00 for that casing (considering it's good quality) is actually a good deal. Much cheaper then purchasing a new water detector, for those who infrequently want to water hunt. I am not convinced that the DIY casing would work well as the outside pressures in creases with depth, or it suddenly gets slapped with a wave, causing a leak, totally destroying the electronics if in salt water.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel $100.00 for that casing (considering it's good quality) is actually a good deal. Much cheaper then purchasing a new water detector, for those who infrequently want to water hunt. I am not convinced that the DIY casing would work well as the outside pressures in creases with depth, or it suddenly gets slapped with a wave, causing a leak, totally destroying the electronics if in salt water.

I don't think anyone is going to be satisfied using an ACE in salt water, case or not.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That case is very cool...
And a good idea IMO.

Anyone running these should have one of these...
NOT for water hunting.
But for ANY hunting.

For sudden rains... for sand... for salt air... for all of it.
Sealed is always better... no matter what.
Especially ON ANYTHING... used outdoors that is an electronic device.

100 seems a "bit" much for it... but hey... it is what it is.

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's official, the ACE 400 is a real detector!

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/pdfs/Garrett_New_Products_2016.pdf

January 20, 2016

Garrett Introduces new ACE Detector Series and ATX Searchcoils!Dear Garrett Authorized Distributors and Dealers:Garrett Metal Detectors is proud to announce a new lineup of consumer products for our SportDivision. The new detectors and accessories are being previewed to our distributors andassociates attending the 2016 SHOT (Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor Trade) Show in Las Vegas.Garrett officials detailed features and specifications for six new metal detectors that will revampthe company’s best selling ACE series. Each of the new ACE detectors include Digital TargetID—a large, 100-digit target information display for better target identification—as well as stemlocks for additional strength and stability. Customers familiar with Garrett’s previous ACE detectorswill notice a new, more robust audio package included in the new products.The new flagship of the ACE lineup is the ACE 400, which features the Iron Audio™ feature madepopular on the company’s AT Pro™ and AT Gold™ detectors. Iron Audio allows the user to heardiscriminated iron and to alter the detector’s mid-tone signal range. This helps the operator hearthe iron content in flat steel objects like bottle caps and washers that sometimes trick a detectorinto reporting them as good targets.The ACE 400 includes a higher, 10 kHz frequency to provide better sensitivity to low and mediumconductivity targets, such as gold and lead. The detector’s Frequency Adjust feature allows usersto easily toggle between slight frequency shifts to help eliminate interference from other detectorsor power sources. The ACE 400 ships with an 8.5”x11” DD-configuration PROformance searchcoilthat has proven to be very popular with the company’s previous ACE™ 350 and EuroACE™detectors. The ACE 400 includes five discrimination modes, electronic pinpointing, sensitivityadjustment, and High-Resolution Iron Discrimination.The ACE 400 will ship with three FREE accessories to complement the new release: an 8.5”x11”DD searchcoil cover; volume-control ClearSound Easy Stow headphones; and a new ACE EnvironmentalCover-up to protect the control box from rain, dust, and mud. The MSRP for the newACE 400 is $399.95 (U.S.).An international version of the detector, the ACE 400i, will be released simultaneously for distributors,dealers, and customers living outside the United States. The 400i will include the samepricing, the same features listed above, and the three FREE accessories. The Garrett ACE 400i willdiffer from the American ACE 400 version in the following ways: the Target ID legend is revisedto remove the U.S. coin denominations; the 400i will include additional pixels of resolution foriron discrimination; the mid-tone and high-tone audio break points have been re-divided; and theACE 400i will have variances in the Mode/Discrimination patterns to better suit the search needsof our international customers.1881 W. State St. • Garland,

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Why another Ace???? Why?? Why?? For 400.$$ US. Buy a frickin AT pro already for that price. Cabelas had At pros on for 399.00 two weeks ago. Garrett!!...move on to another kind of detector already. What's next,..?..the Ace 500, 600,...or the all new Ace 1000 it's almost an AT pro but not quite, but wait..,it's $50.00 cheaper!! Really?? Do they really need to make 4 Ace serious detectors which all are dumb downed non water proof AT pros without iron audio. Oh yeah and the binging bell tone. Oh I miss the binging bell tone. Think I'll blow the dust off my Ace 250 this year and see what I can find. More bang for your buck with the good ol Ace...or should I say, "bing"!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread