A Little More Information On The New Garrett ACE Series

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
All of the Ace coils will interchange with the ACE 400, and the ACE 400 units will be rolling off the lines first. No exact date, however, surely in the spring. new ace 400 face.jpg

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
People who've never detected b4 and are coming in new to the hobby will benefit from the new improved Ace serious. To me it's nothing better or new, It's just another Ace. Make something different Garrett. How bout a multi freq machine that has a VDI, can handle wet salt and has PI depth capabilities...then I would be excited.

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John I get the sneaky suspicion your favorite brand is Garrett, hehe. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
John I get the sneaky suspicion your favorite brand is Garrett, hehe. :thumbsup:

I have been connected to the Garrett line for over 20 years. I used to correspond by mail with Charles Garrett. I have done very well with Garrett detectors. I have also owned Whites, Detector Pro, Minelab and Bounty Hunter. All metal detectors have their warts and strengths. I don't like to put down any makes or models, as I have found treasure with all of them.

pencil5757

Apr 29, 2006
Jasper Texas
Detector(s) used
-Garrett AT-PRO, Ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been connected to the Garrett line for over 20 years. I used to correspond by mail with Charles Garrett. I have done very well with Garrett detectors. I have also owned Whites, Detector Pro, Minelab and Bounty Hunter. All metal detectors have their warts and strengths. I don't like to put down any makes or models, as I have found treasure with all of them.

How bout showing your water converted 250!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Ace series is one of, if not the, most successful detectors made. Their past drawbacks have been no TID once the F2, F22 and Delta started offering it for the same price. Garretts are well made, and now have answered those past calls for more target information in a sub $400 offering. Keeping the coils matching the 250 was a smart move to allow older Ace customers to simply upgrade to new and better. I see the Ace 400 taking it's place in a growing field of sub $500 units offering bang for the buck performance.

The screen may be getting a little crowded, but the buttons are better than the monoplane type of most detectors in it's range, IMO.

Last edited:

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my ACE 350 and the ACE 400 enhancements are just the ones I have been wanting! The ACE was my third Garrett in over 25 years. I wore the other two out....Looking forward to more info on the 400.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions