Can you please explain something to me

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I have never really understood something about the AT Pro. Let's say I notch out up to 55 or so. I am not cutting off any circuitry/capability or whatever in the actual machine correct ? All I am doing is shutting off the speaker response in those ranges 55 and below , correct ? I have a faint idea that this is happening because I have seen the screen flash numbers without an audible signal I believe. I am notorious for not watching the screen and hunting by sound, almost to a fault. Is this what's happening ? The machine is still at full steam and it is only the speaker that is muted in the notch outs ? Thanks.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct....notching does not effect depth/power on AT pro.....however, using any DISC will have some effect on depth/power.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Notching a number only removes the audio from that number(s), and unlike many other makes of detectors, you do NOT lose depth as you increase the discrimination levels using rotating knobs.

OP
OP
NWMP

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you gentlemen. What a bloody awesome machine. I just seem to enjoy it more and more over time. Last year I decided to try water for the heck of it. It ended up being a wonderful experience with rings and a sweet herring bone gold chain to surprise me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread