One US Dollar Bill + One Loonie = $1.70 US

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
DSCN0713.jpg

Out with my buddy today. Too much snow in the woods, and too little on the sleigh hills. But, we gave it our best and got a US dollar bill directly outside my car passenger door and one loonie on the hill. Our Canadian Dollar sucks against the US greenback. :(

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been really windy here lately. That was probably my buck that just got away from me. You can keep it as a souvenir but send me the Canadian, please.....

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad we didn't change to a coin. Never liked carrying change.

Yard Waste

Dec 16, 2013
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett AT Pro International, Garrett Euro Ace.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a few more forums you missed to cross post this on. LOL! You must be a my glass is half empty instead of half full type. You have a 2.40 in your hand.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I envy Canuck's coinage. "I once found a Toonie and you'd have thought I found another gold coin.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Our Loonie isn't doing well against the American Dollar for sure....It was just 3 or 4 years ago we were at par but because of the drop in oil/gas prices the Canadian dollar drops against the US...Not only that...we have to pay much more for a new detector...Canadian dealers raise the prices of detectors so we have to pay 30% more for a new machine compared to the same unit a few years back...It could possibly be cheaper to buy one from a US dealer at a lower price provided customs don't get us at the border...I was hoping to get a new detector soon but because of this 30% increase, it would be wise to wait to see if the Canadian dollar rises again...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread