Took The Old Garrett Master Hunter CX PLUS Out For A Snow Spin & Got Silver #1

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
DSCN0725.jpg

Cabin fever is nibbling at my ankles, so I wanted to try something different tonite. I dusted off the old Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus which was hiding in my closet, bought 6 x New "C" size batteries, fired it up and "BANG"....It worked. It warmed up to about freezing today, so, to be on the safe side, I slid a hot pac hand warmer inside the camo case, and the batteries worked fine for my 2 hour hunt.

DSCN0716.jpg

I had to work today, so by the time I bought some new batteries, some groceries and got the Master Hunter CX working , it had already turned dark out. Not a problem.....I had an old LED Night Light kicking around the house, which worked great! And.....lady luck was with me tonight. My first signal was a 1967 silver "LYNX" silver quarter. I guess silver coins have been out pf circulation for so long that no ones even knows the difference between clad and silver. :)

All in all it was a glorious night, complete with a couple of owls hooting back and forth to each other in the darkness. Below are my total coin finds.....

DSCN0728.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread