Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
12" is my cutoff. I find plenty that deep and have signals running deeper but after a few scoops with my 8" T-Rex I move on and loose no sleep over it.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am ready to sell this machine! I want to hear some success stories from people who use this machine please! Using the 8" and 10 inch mono coils has anyone really dogged a target at 18"'s?

You are not trying Pete.

I have been using the Infinium for beach detecting for quite a while and my deepest coin in damp salt beach sand was an Aussie 20 cent at close on two foot.

Get the ground balance right, compensate for the salt by adjusting the Disc to tone down any remaining out of GB.

Use a very slow sweep speed of around 1.5 Ft/Sec.

Be sure that when you GB, the disc is set to zero.

After GB select Lock, unless you are in highly variable ground.

Cancel EMI before you GB.

A slow sweep speed is critical with the Infinium if you want to find deep/weak signals.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
My best was a gold ring at 18" that I recall. Make sure it is ground balanced properly and dig those quiet deep signals....the ones that other detectors miss. You will dig junk.....but you also get the nice gold finds also. It's hard work at times. You might not always get a good deep target, but you can't if you use some of your single frequency detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread