At gold/at gold iron trash set up

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using the at pro for for almost 3 years and the gold for about a year and a half. Here are some settings to try in fields where you run across a real iron nail infested area. I don't set the iron disc past 11 on the at gold in disc 1 at pro in pro zero. It will give me a medium tone on other iron. You will have to use VDI for this but instead of the iron audio nulling you get you will hear everything. The at gold/pro is fast enough to pick up targets close to iron and you can hear a good target next to a nail. Switch it back to your normal disc and turn iron audio on and you will null out target. I found and Indian head and a button Saturday right next to nails. Give it a try it works for me but I will warn you it is noisy and takes time to get use to. I've been using this setup for a while and have found a lot of large cents and a couple half cents along with seated silver and a bucket list 2 cent piece. Good luck and hit me up if you have any questions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to mention I only use this setup in iron infested sites. When field clears up I switch to all metal and run iron up to high 20s on the at gold. Don't use the pro much in open fields.

Last edited:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Thanks for posting! You have done well with your AT Pro. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread