A Couple Of Cool Dudes Did A Gold Sluicing + Relic Hunt Today

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
sluice%20h_zps6abwe8kp.jpg~original

My buddy and I headed out this morning for a little gold sluicing and relic hunting in mind. Great weather too, as temps were at or just above freezing. Here's the area we played at today.

sluice%20g_zpsga3u3wke.jpg~original

We spent the first part of the day setting up my ground sluice and shovelling gravel. Because we had to build a makeshift dam in the creek to get the sluice functioning properly, we ended up eventually filling our rubber boots with water, so the digging episode only lasted a couple of hours. As I write this at midnight, I still haven't cleaned up my black sand, but I plan on doing a video of this adventure in the next couple of days.
sluice%20c_zpsvkvwr1nq.jpg~original

We did manage to find a couple pieces of petrified dino bones in the creek. Those are always a welcomed find for me.......
sluice%20f_zpswjj2ys8o.jpg~original

After we called it quits in the creek, we feasted on some nice home made sweet and spicy jerky along with some pretzels from a local bakery. We then did some relic hunting in the area near the creek......

sluice%20b_zpsmjy4muza.jpg~original

Here's the finds from the nearby area. That trap was dug beside a tree about 8" deep. Funny thing is, it was never sprung so it seized up from the rust in baited position.......

Well, that pretty well wrapped up the adventure for another day! Spring is coming. :)

a squirrel smaller.jpg

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys must of had some really cold feet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread