..........................Out Doing Some More Coin Shooting Today :)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
another.jpg

Just good old coin hunting. No disappointments, no goals, just beep and dig the better signals. :)

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your coin finds & a good assortment I will add, also how much aluminum trash did you dig up? Here in my location aluminum can slaw - pull tabs - beaver tails and square way out number the lost clad coins. Wishing you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast

JASinBTCT

Aug 20, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Deteknix X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, I'm always impressed with the number of coins you find on your average coin-shooting jaunt. Does pocket change regularly fall as rain in greater Edmonton, Lol? Cheers and thanks for all the insight and inspiration you provide in these forums and on your YouTube channel.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
John, I'm always impressed with the number of coins you find on your average coin-shooting jaunt. Does pocket change regularly fall as rain in greater Edmonton, Lol? Cheers and thanks for all the insight and inspiration you provide in these forums and on your YouTube channel.

My secret is:

1) Keep your digger in your pouch and trade it for a flathead screwdriver

2) Use your Pro Pointer or the inner toe of the front of your coil to pinpoint (needs to be a concentric coil)

3) When you get a signal you choose to dig, just pinpoint on its exact location, insert the screwdriver and just "pop" it out of the ground.

4) Hunt areas where lots of people congregate on a daily basis

This method saves so much time not using your digger. Once you get proficient using the screwdriver "POP" method, you should easily double your coin totals.

addon.jpg

Here'a how to use the concentric coil to pinpoint. Concentric coils are much more reliable for identification of targets then a DD coil.

coin2.jpg

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very good info THANKS! ,,I will have to put this into practice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread