Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I had some time to conduct a real hunt. I stopped in a local park and became to work the areas where people travel on foot. I was getting some jumpy signals and when I dug them all but one proved to be trash, I had the Sensitivity three bars from full working back and forth from coin mode to all metal mode, then when I struck a repeatable signal moved my position 90 degrees , I dug 4 penny's One dime and a quarter that appears to have been struck by a mower.. all the depth scale reading were spot on except the quarter it read 8" but yet I found it near the surface I may have moved it with the shovel but not certain. all in all for a short hunt I am happy.

Now I have check and its OK to metal detect these parks, I did have people watching me so as is my practice I an very careful with my plugs, I did not have a old rag to turn the plug over on but I am thinking with the use of one , it would be very hard to see where I was,, until next time,, !

Attachments

• park dig 462016.png
    park dig 462016.png
    654.5 KB · Views: 95

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Thanks for taking the time to carefully make plugs. Have you ever considered just using a screwdriver to both probe and pop the coins out of the ground. It's much quicker. Good that you are getting some coins. It sure is a great hobby, and the ACE 250 is a great machine! Good luck on your future hunts. :icon_thumright:

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! I've been using the 250 for a few months now and have found it to be pretty spot-on once you get the hang of how to listen to the signals in conjunction with the display. I plan on upgrading to the AT Pro soon, but will definitely keep the 250 for a spare. I've been using 'all metal' mode exclusively and noticed that it helps to catch the good signals in junky areas. Rock on and keep posting your finds!

OP
OP
captbo

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Detector(s) used
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for taking the time to carefully make plugs. Have you ever considered just using a screwdriver to both probe and pop the coins out of the ground. It's much quicker. Good that you are getting some coins. It sure is a great hobby, and the ACE 250 is a great machine! Good luck on your future hunts. :icon_thumright:
Thanks I would like to learn more about using a screwdriver or a probe,, sounds like you have to be "right on the target".. what is your preferred mode to hunt?

OP
OP
captbo

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Detector(s) used
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! I've been using the 250 for a few months now and have found it to be pretty spot-on once you get the hang of how to listen to the signals in conjunction with the display. I plan on upgrading to the AT Pro soon, but will definitely keep the 250 for a spare. I've been using 'all metal' mode exclusively and noticed that it helps to catch the good signals in junky areas. Rock on and keep posting your finds!
Just got some head phones for it I am deaf in my left ear. I upgraded from a BH Tracker IV, which was my first machine and I had a ball with it. I too have a desire for an AT pro but not the wallet . and I think a nice water machine is due first as we have a good bit of the briny deep around here
Thanks for your post and pointers !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread